is this a trick ?

• Discuss is this a trick ? in the Beginners / New to BMX forum in area BMX-Forum Community; ok first off sorry i forgot to include this in my other post (this only applies for bmx's with stunt pegs) is there a trick that is standing on the... ...
  • Tags bmx manual
H

hit_da_ramps

is this a trick ? post #1
ok first off sorry i forgot to include this in my other post

(this only applies for bmx's with stunt pegs)
is there a trick that is standing on the front/back stunt pegs and riding along and if so what is it called ?
i saw a kid doing it the other day and it looked pretty good

B

Bigboomer

is this a trick ? post #2
just hoping on the pegs and cruising down the road ? I dunno man

If you wanna practice a basic trick, bend your knees slightly, lean back over your frame and pull the front end up, trying to keep balance. Wala! A manual.

I

infantry43RIDER

is this a trick ? post #3
i dont' think that is a trick in itself...but yea you can turn that into a lot of different things and linkage stuff...yea try pulling up and balancing for a bit and then you can turn the bars while manualing and all sorta fun stuff. 8)

H

hit_da_ramps

is this a trick ? post #4
ok dont tell me 2 search on this 1 but when ever i try to pull up the front end for a manual it just goes like less than a foot off the ground :(

dunno how to get it higher, its probobly just practise but it would be good to have some advice to

E

evanc

is this a trick ? post #5
Manual where it feels good, not what looks good. If you have to pick your nose to manual well, go for it.

S

sr71racer

is this a trick ? post #6
i had the same problem as u learning to manual, instead of just pulling up the bars, lean way over the back end of the bike, push out with ur legs hard while pulling up slightly, if u flip over, jump off and dont push as hard next time, manualing takes a long time to learn but if u stick with it ull have it in no time

H

hit_da_ramps

is this a trick ? post #7
lol thanks evanc maybe ill try that....(just not it public :wink: )

B

Bigboomer

is this a trick ? post #8
When I started BMXing and couldn't bunnyhop / manual, i was pretty embarrased to try them in public. I think it's kinda expected of you (even though most of the public doesn't understand it's a learning process) to be able to do those things. So when I practice, it was either inside (my rec room is where I learned to bunnyhop) or just on your street. Both are kinda private (unless your on a highway / main road) and after a few days you'll get it :)

H

hit_da_ramps

is this a trick ? post #9
yea thats exactly what i mean !

only problom is i live on a main road, my garden is a grass down hill slope and fairly small :(

but yea i get youre idea thanks for evey 1s help

B

Bigboomer

is this a trick ? post #10
Best idea to practice manualling is to do it EVERYWHERE. Continually try to manual when your going somewhere. After a while and you get your balance you'll start doing 10-20 foot manuals... then you'll still practice and get further and longer.

O

oibmxpunx

is this a trick ? post #11
the way i leaned to manual i used craks in the side walk like gaps i tryed one squar then two and so on and now i can manual un till i run uot of speed

H

hit_da_ramps

is this a trick ? post #12
wow good idea ill try that :D

F

FOL

is this a trick ? post #13
is it also a manual when standing on both of the pegs (rear) or one foot on the peg and one on the pedal..? Or only when both feet on the pedals?

H

hit_da_ramps

is this a trick ? post #14
ok sorry but i cant resist this

USE THE SEARCH !!! i posted about is it a manual when you stand on the rear pegs like 3 days ago

look on the post "is this a trick" and you will find it

:D lol now it is all so clear why evanc is always telling people to search :D

F

FOL

is this a trick ? post #15
hit_da_ramps said:
ok sorry but i cant resist this

USE THE SEARCH !!! i posted about is it a manual when you stand on the rear pegs like 3 days ago

look on the post "is this a trick" and you will find it

:D lol now it is all so clear why evanc is always telling people to search :D
shaddap cornholio butthole. If you would take soem time to look out yourself you would see I don't open new topics for every question. And if it is in the line of the topic I just ask it.

edit: I see it is even in this topic...so ****, I read wrong, shit happens...

yoz

yoz

is this a trick ? post #16
this kid who was rideing like that must be a pro. but yeah it`s not a trick i think because it`s silli to do something like that even my grandpa can ride like that :stinkefinger:

I

infantry43RIDER

is this a trick ? post #17
my grandpa can't.

and it could be a trick if you link it to stuff.

L

likeachamp

is this a trick ? post #18
idont really understand what your saying this kid did, but this is fun and pretty cool lookin, try this one out, stand on the back pegs going at moderate to fast speed and stand straigh up dont worry you wont flip back you'll balance realeasy enjoy that one, now go ride!

L

likeachamp

is this a trick ? post #19
ok i have nuthin to say bout this but hit_da_ramps, i dig thi sig., but you should get the t-shirt and say it right, when i die, bury me deep, LAY my bike at my feet, STRAP A helmet on my head, so i canride when im dead, yeah i got the shirt, its pimp i know!

cranksmasher

cranksmasher

is this a trick ? post #20
:( it took me almost a month to learn to do any tricks so I would say first learn to flow the just keep practising

New Topics