Is this a Standard 250 trls?

• Discuss Is this a Standard 250 trls? in the Beginners / New to BMX forum in area BMX-Forum Community; So I decided I wanted to get a 20"er..I found this on craigslist here in Tucson. I was told it is a Standard. From what I can find thru google images... ...
Old Man

Old Man

Is this a Standard 250 trls? post #1
So I decided I wanted to get a 20"er..I found this on craigslist here in Tucson. I was told it is a Standard. From what I can find thru google images it appears to be a 2000 Standard 250 trls?? Can anyone confirm? and if so is this any good? I also wanted to know if anyone knows what brand fork I got and the cranks too.
I paid a whole $60.00 for this. I also got bars that are cut WAAAYYY too short for my taste and specialzed stem, primo seat post, and a Kink 36T sprocket...any info or help would be much appreciated. Thanks

oh almost forgot...any idea what BB this thing uses??? any way I can measure to find out?
same with the headset too. Thanks again.

mack_turtle

mack_turtle

Is this a Standard 250 trls? post #3
nice!

being an older frame, it's probably heavy and strong, the back end is probably pretty long and it might have 3/8" dropouts. put a Solid headset on it and you're set.

L

Lay

Is this a Standard 250 trls? post #4
You have a American Bottom bracket and a External Headset. Those dropouts look a little rough, but overall, nice bike.

skavenger256

skavenger256

Is this a Standard 250 trls? post #5
Yea thats a 250 trls. A kid i used to ride with around 2000 had one. Its a standard so of course its a good frame. i would reccomend getting 14mm flat axles if your gonna run pegs. The forks are S&M ditchforks, I used to have them myself.

Last edited:
M

Marcus Poopy

Is this a Standard 250 trls? post #6
that frame is legit

mack_turtle

mack_turtle

Is this a Standard 250 trls? post #7
are those Prince Albert cranks?!

skavenger256

skavenger256

Is this a Standard 250 trls? post #8
Old Man

Old Man

Is this a Standard 250 trls? post #9
Thanks for the info..I'm really not sure what brand the cranks are...nothing on them at all. I have both arms, and the BB w/bearings....no spacers or original bolts. I cleaned the paint off the forks and they are chrome...where there isnt rust.
Probibly have them sand blasted and powdercoated. I wasnt sure if the BB was american or mid. I popped the bearings out and no cups..all 1 piece. anyway..thanks for the info. I'll post a bike check when its all back together.

Old Man

Old Man

Is this a Standard 250 trls? post #10
I do believe they are S&M prince albert cranks. I found a pic on bmxmuseum that looks just like them.

skavenger256

skavenger256

Is this a Standard 250 trls? post #11
actually i dont think they are, on the prince albert cranks the pedal boss pierces the crank arm. the cranks you have in the pics the pedal bosses are welded to the ends.

L

Lay

Is this a Standard 250 trls? post #12
That BB really looks like an american, and the bb that you popped out could have been a generic BB, so i donno.

New Topics