is the price of steel/cromoly going up?

• Discuss is the price of steel/cromoly going up? in the General BMX Forum forum in area BMX-Forum Community; looked at albes and danscomp at the kink bikes and noticed that most of the bikes went up. the kink apex didnt go up but the gap, liberty, whip, roc... ...
chevelle1972

chevelle1972

is the price of steel/cromoly going up? post #1
looked at albes and danscomp at the kink bikes and noticed that most of the bikes went up. the kink apex didnt go up but the gap, liberty, whip, roc, transitiion, and launch did. havent checked other bikes yet here ar some prices fomr before form about a month ago
Gap-309
launch 289
whip 349
transitition 419
heres a lonk to them fomr albes http://www.albes.com/index.asp?PageAction=VIEWCATS&Category=332

E RaK

E RaK

is the price of steel/cromoly going up? post #2
yes, the price of steel is going up and the prices usually do when all the competing 09's come out as well

chevelle1972

chevelle1972

is the price of steel/cromoly going up? post #3
oh i would think it would go down so they sell more since they would cot $40 less. do you think they will go down in 2 months or so?

Chuck Norris

Chuck Norris

is the price of steel/cromoly going up? post #4
the price from the 08s to 09s?
the 09s has pivotal seat, lower gearing, sealed bearings, all the goodies to make it cost more, plus the chromoly

Dick Nixon

Dick Nixon

is the price of steel/cromoly going up? post #5
oh i would think it would go down so they sell more since they would cot $40 less. do you think they will go down in 2 months or so?
the price of the materials isnt effected by how many bikes are sold.
whatever it costs to refine the metal and process it does.
not to mention the cost of transportation of everything (seeing as gas has went up. it doesnt effect large freight firms because they buy shitloads at a time when prices are low, but they go off the fact that alot of people dont know this and just say that they raised rates because of higher fuel prices).

also, the taiwanese just passed a few labor laws, including one aimed at wages, so the cost to make most bmx parts has gone up.

also in kinks case, they really upgraded alot of thier line immensely, so just the general increase in price per part has gone up because last years part has been replaced with something more pricey.

hope that answers your question

chevelle1972

chevelle1972

is the price of steel/cromoly going up? post #6
no my borther bought an 09 i think, the gaps dont have sealed bb just mid BB and 25/9. no pivotal on gap though

Chuck Norris

Chuck Norris

is the price of steel/cromoly going up? post #7
no my borther bought an 09 i think, the gaps dont have sealed bb just mid BB and 25/9. no pivotal on gap though
the 08 gaps weren't fully chromoly like the 09s and the 09s have sealed hubs

Dick Nixon

Dick Nixon

is the price of steel/cromoly going up? post #8
mid is a BB size, not a type of bearing cartridge. sealed mid bb's do exist, infact i have one.

and the size of the gearing has nothing to do with quality, just weight and chain stress.
smaller= lighter but stresses chain more
larger = heavier but less stressfull.
30-11 is cush because it has the lightweight-ness of small gearing, the strength of a 1peice driver, but it doesnt stress the chain as much as something mad small like 23/22-8 (not that this really has anything to do with what im talking about, i just like to type.)

also note this:

also in kinks case, they really upgraded alot of thier line immensely
alot.
not all.
if i were to say all, that would be implying that kink has upgraded the entire line.
but i didnt say all because i wasnt all too sure if kink had upgraded EVERY bike in the line, and i knew the gap didnt have a pivotal. i also dont regard the pivotal as being better than rails anyways.
i may live in rochester, but i am by no means a kink bike co expert.

WRENCHNUT

WRENCHNUT

is the price of steel/cromoly going up? post #9
hehehehe
a msg to balls deep

ride it untill u break is the way man
heheh
love it

chevelle1972

chevelle1972

is the price of steel/cromoly going up? post #10
the 08 gaps weren't fully chromoly like the 09s and the 09s have sealed hubs
yeah his rear hub is sealed but the front is semi sealedd i guess. on albes and dans it says mid BB, his isnt sealed but i guess mid os the size, it has alienation pbr rims so it is the 09. also full cromoly, it weighs 26.15 pounds. kenda kontact tires ect.

chevelle1972

chevelle1972

is the price of steel/cromoly going up? post #11
mid is a BB size, not a type of bearing cartridge. sealed mid bb's do exist, infact i have one.

and the size of the gearing has nothing to do with quality, just weight and chain stress.
smaller= lighter but stresses chain more
larger = heavier but less stressfull.
30-11 is cush because it has the lightweight-ness of small gearing, the strength of a 1peice driver, but it doesnt stress the chain as much as something mad small like 23/22-8 (not that this really has anything to do with what im talking about, i just like to type.)

also note this:

alot.
not all.
if i were to say all, that would be implying that kink has upgraded the entire line.
but i didnt say all because i wasnt all too sure if kink had upgraded EVERY bike in the line, and i knew the gap didnt have a pivotal. i also dont regard the pivotal as being better than rails anyways.
i may live in rochester, but i am by no means a kink bike co expert.
yeah i see what you mean, his also have a 1pc 9t driver on it. this is the one he got directly fomr albes except a month ago he bought it for 309, the bike was 325 out the door http://www.albes.com/index.asp?PageAction=VIEWPROD&ProdID=2082

BMXM0NSTER

BMXM0NSTER

is the price of steel/cromoly going up? post #12
i have the 09 gap and i bought it 3 months ago and it was 309$$

BMXM0NSTER

BMXM0NSTER

is the price of steel/cromoly going up? post #14
i bought my gap for 309 and now it costs 350$

chevelle1972

chevelle1972

is the price of steel/cromoly going up? post #15
BMXM0NSTER

BMXM0NSTER

is the price of steel/cromoly going up? post #16
ebay lol

chevelle1972

chevelle1972

is the price of steel/cromoly going up? post #17
just checked 330 free shipping, wonder if they charge tax though. wouldnt really trust ebay as much as danscomp though, might just get it for christmas

BMXM0NSTER

BMXM0NSTER

is the price of steel/cromoly going up? post #18
ya i might get a s&m frame for chrismas

E

Eight Thirty

is the price of steel/cromoly going up? post #19
that's the 09. really upgraded compared to the 08
im supporting kink as much as possible its a local company to us dick.

i live in Williamson near sodus. just past Webster and Ontario.

there parts are quality. id i have the option i go kink or odyssey never ever had a problem with either.

i have bought 2 kink whips and many more parts. so its not like im buying a seatpostclamp and saying all this

im jealous of the new kink bikes due to the fact i have the old ones but im about to upgrade to a fly with custom parts all around.

dick keep em supported.

lol idk if you feel the same?

Dick Nixon

Dick Nixon

is the price of steel/cromoly going up? post #20
i had a freebird a while back but then i switched to a failure grade 2. then i felt bad so i bought badger bars.
now im waiting on my supertherm howler. not a kink but its still upstate made.

i live in bloomfield to be exact. west of canandaigua in ontario county

New Topics