Is my bike too heavy?

• Discuss Is my bike too heavy? in the BMX Bike Tech forum in area BMX-Forum Community; Not meaning to sound stupid but I'm only 95 pounds and have a 32.3 ib bike. Is it too heavy too bunny hop? ...
G

GILD

Is my bike too heavy? post #1
Not meaning to sound stupid but I'm only 95 pounds and have a 32.3 ib bike. Is it too heavy too bunny hop?

G

GILD

Is my bike too heavy? post #2
Or am I too short, 142 cm. Only 12 yrs

M

marks86

Is my bike too heavy? post #3
naa bro if you can get good on that bike, when you get on a really light bike you will be amazing, most of the time

G

GILD

Is my bike too heavy? post #4

ozzy

ozzy

Is my bike too heavy? post #5
its gunna be harder than a 25lb bike but u can do it if the bike wieghed 40lbs.

G

GILD

Is my bike too heavy? post #6
Just making sure, to get the back wheel up do you flip the pedals vertical and pull or push the handlebars forwards. I'm having trouble getting the back wheel up.

JustCantClickIt

JustCantClickIt

Is my bike too heavy? post #7
Pull up on your bars towards your chest, while you pull up, tilt your toes downard towards the ground and kick your legs up, also kick back a little bit with your legs, but mostly upwards

just make sure when you pull your legs and hands up, at the height of your jump, where your bars are as high as they get, push em forward a bit.

hope this made sense..

moldaz

moldaz

Is my bike too heavy? post #8
just keep trying i member when i first started riding it took me forever to learn.... it was so frustrating because everyone i rode with always tried to tell me how to do it but it never made any sense but i got them after a few days...

StandardRidr250s

StandardRidr250s

Is my bike too heavy? post #9
well my bike feels like at least 60 lbs never really weighed it be4. its a standard leanthy frame which is pretty deisle. when u ride on a heavy bike ur pushin urself harder for tricks and if u can get good on it u should be good on nething.

G

GILD

Is my bike too heavy? post #10
Thanks

G

GILD

Is my bike too heavy? post #11
I didn't actually weigh it I just looked at the specs on the site.

B

bunnyhop911

Is my bike too heavy? post #12
im 5'3'' 135 lbs and i have a 36 lbs bike is that 2 heavy???

fluorescent

fluorescent

Is my bike too heavy? post #13
I have a 32lb bike, I weigh 138lb it's OK for me, I'm 14.

Try doing some weight training, I'm starting it soon.
You just need to practise dude. I learned to bunnyhop when I was about 12 on this fake kiddies-type BMX £30 down the carboot:D
It must have weighed a ton but I managed it after practising loads.

Minitrix

Minitrix

Is my bike too heavy? post #14
Dave Mirra did a double backflip on a 35+ pound bike back in the day.
Weight is all about personal preference. I can't ride a bike that's under 25 pounds.

But anyways.

I weigh 77 and I'm about 182 tall, my bike weighs from 26-29 pounds and I do good.

A

AlexanderSK

Is my bike too heavy? post #15
Hey man don't worry. A bike isn't too heavy to bunnyhop with, I'm riding a bike that weighs around 37,47 lbs, and I thought that weight was a huge factor in bunny hopping, but I've manged to get 1,60 feet up in the air. So It's just all about pratice pratice pratice. And when you've gotten better you should just buy a lighter bike and go even higher :D

moldaz

moldaz

Is my bike too heavy? post #16
1,60 feet? 47lb bike is crazy heavy how can you even get that beast to move?

StandardRidr250s

StandardRidr250s

Is my bike too heavy? post #17
i love goin from a heavy bike to a light bike

J

jihim

Is my bike too heavy? post #19
im 140 and my bike is 33 lbs you willg et used to it after a while

E

Eight Thirty

Is my bike too heavy? post #20
im 132.8 and my bikes 40lbs u get used to it fast and you get crazy good on a light bike

New Topics