is it the look that matters???

• Discuss is it the look that matters??? in the General BMX Forum forum in area BMX-Forum Community; [color=red][/color]Is it the tech. that it takes to pull off a flip-whip or a multi-vartion move the reason why crowds are in ahh when witnessing such... ...
  • Tags bike street
D

Disturbed1

is it the look that matters??? post #1
Is it the tech. that it takes to pull off a flip-whip or a multi-vartion move the reason why crowds are in ahh when witnessing such a trick, or is the danger off the gravity defining highth it takes to actually pull off a trick like this... why do ppl like the difficult things when the smooth and easy moves look just as good if done well... for all those that are lost let me put in terms that all bmx riders can understand... when u see dave mirra do a flip-whip over a spine why is that get a better score then a twearked one handed flatie or a over cranked turndown??? Why is it that the judges give difficulty over a clean landed 360... dave mirra could throw a flip-whip miss break his arm and still win the contest because he went for a big trick when another rider has a not as difficult run but a flawless one, and gets 5th in the contest??

T

Tibro

is it the look that matters??? post #2
depends who your performing infront of... if its joe public its probably the look that counts... but if yer trying to impress some people that you actually care what they think (other riders, and ppl who know something about bikes) for for the technical tricks they will appreciate it more as they know the skill and effort involved

Motorkade

Motorkade

is it the look that matters??? post #3
I would rather someone did a super-tech move, like a tailwhip fufanu, and pull it off smoothly, than do a MX inspired move. I would also rather they sprocketed big rails. And didnt wear lycra. Vert and dirt are so commercial nowadays, and Competition Street is going the same way, but at a slower rate. The streets and parks and trails are where it's at, not the X Games or Gravity Games. Etnies Backyard Jams are still good though.

C

casperh

is it the look that matters??? post #4
the same reasons why you like the trick

K

kater

is it the look that matters??? post #5
Tech it all away!

I

infantry43RIDER

is it the look that matters??? post #6
hell yea.

B

bruisedbob

is it the look that matters??? post #7
Tech tricks are sweet. When I see someone just mixing it up, it really pushes me.

I

infantry43RIDER

is it the look that matters??? post #8
same here man.

T

Tibro

is it the look that matters??? post #9
im gonan try and learn some manualling.. that will impress everyone i know.. including me actually

F

FOL

is it the look that matters??? post #10
When you see soemthing nice and smooth and is very technical you go like "wow he must have perfect control of his bike" and such. When seeing a nice, but simple trick you think "oh, well nice practising, fun to watch, but hey, gimme an hour and I do the same"...

in other words, bike control is also judged and bike control CAN be judged by technical difficulty and not only smoothness.

F

federal_rider12

is it the look that matters??? post #11
multiple moves in one is what people r in awe of but for people who really dont understand the sport it is the height and just doin a trick

B

bruisedbob

is it the look that matters??? post #12
On the other hand, nice lofty airs do make my pants tighter.

C

casperh

is it the look that matters??? post #13
double 540 backflips mateys

A

anti-flag

is it the look that matters??? post #14
i think its a combination of all of that stuff like if u have a teck trick that looks really cool and is landed smooth then thats awesome

New Topics