iPods.....Are they worth it?

• Discuss iPods.....Are they worth it? in the Technology Corner forum in area BMX-Forum Community - more stuff; I think your just paying for the name... What about you?? ...
D

Dylan Haro

iPods.....Are they worth it? post #1
I think your just paying for the name...

What about you??

I

itsallinthemix

iPods.....Are they worth it? post #2
they're great if you have an apple mac pc or notebook to hook it to, not so great sometomes if you have a windows based pc. i wouldn't get one. you can get a similar featured non apple brand mp3 player for a cheaper price. you are paying a little bit for the image.

one good point though - you can get any accessory you like from anywhere even junk shops stock knock-off brand ipod accessories! try getting a case for your generic brand mp3 player and you might struggle.

but they're like the myspace of mp3 players, all the "trendy" kids have one, lol

F

flybikesDale

iPods.....Are they worth it? post #3
i have the old i pod nano and its broke 3 times i have the new shuffle now and i love it. its cheap small and clips on to clothing :p

M

monkeyonabike

iPods.....Are they worth it? post #4
i had and i pod, which i had to swap 4 times and an i river which broke 2 time. i have had 2 creatives, one 20gb and one 30gb video one and i havent had a problem with either of them. i think with i pod you are paying for the name, and not much quality.

Biggles

Biggles

iPods.....Are they worth it? post #5
nah they work fine on windows! i've had 2 ipods on 2 difference pc's and they had no problems at all, and itunes is a much better music player than media player or winamp, and ipods sound awesome and the new ones are so small and easy to use, personally i think they live up to their name

Bricoleur

Bricoleur

iPods.....Are they worth it? post #6
Still got my 2nd Gen iPod which I 'acquired' :wink: in 2002 ... no problems thus far!

b

N

nutsgeezer

iPods.....Are they worth it? post #7
Worth it if you need 30gb or whatever of music space. The mini/nano ones are a bit of a rip off though as you can get other brands with the same/more space for cheaper.

rideohio

rideohio

iPods.....Are they worth it? post #8
I like them, I really think their customer service is absolutley amazing, especially compaired to other electronic companies. The key is to take it to an apple store, which they have everywhere. I really feel that the extra money is worth it, just for the warranty and how the company backs thier product. I've broken a couple, and I haven't had a problem getting a new one.

S

Scottehrm

iPods.....Are they worth it? post #9
i played with my sisters 4gb nano.. i was not really into the sliding.. i really like the one i got its a philips go gear 2gb its really good but it freezes sometimes. and i have less than 200 songs so i dunno

I

idontknow312

iPods.....Are they worth it? post #10
My opinion on the ipod is that they are some what disapointing. Why is an ipod lacking such a huge problem with batteries is my question. Why does it coast another fortune just to replace the batteries for the ipod? You do realize that once you buy a ipod your ipod is going to be out dated once you remove it from that box. Why? It is because they already starting to make their 5th or 6th or what very gen their on, ipods. The so call next gen ipod has a touch screen and is similiar to the Iphone (rip off!). I have a Ipod U2 edition and the sound quality compare to my PSP is almost the same. I would prefer my PSP over my ipod any day because it has 4 mini speakers and it could surf the web and play games.

turndown

turndown

iPods.....Are they worth it? post #11
Ipods are definetely worth it.

Ive had no name WalMart Mp3's, a Dell jukebox, and nothing compares to the reliability, function, and fashion of Ipods.

My Dell Jukebox made me use Musicmatch which was the worst music player ever, and the others used windows media player, which is equally as terrible. Itunes is definetely superior to most music players, though it is somewhat bulky.

Ive landed on my ipod, it just kept playing, ive landed on other mp3 players, they just shut off on me or freeze or something. My dell used to freeze quite a bit, ipod never froze once. the ipod circle touch thing is so easy to use, and so simple. while most have a million buttons and its really stupidly complicated. There are many accesories available for ipods because they are popular, so you can get shit for them. My battery on my ipod always lasted a long time, most other ones drained the AA batterys in them in no time, or had to be recharged alllllll the time because the batteries in them sucked.

My first ipod I bought used over a year and a half ago, i beat the hell out of it and it just finally got to the point where my computer wont recognize it, so i cant update it, and noone I know can figure out whats wrong so Im selling it and getting another used ipod.

I can pretty much guarantee for a fact that youve never used an ipod, and at least one other kind of mp3 player for a month each, if you think that ipods arent worth the money.

Biggles

Biggles

iPods.....Are they worth it? post #12
yeah the new ipod nano which i have, the battery claims to last 24 hours, and that's in no way an understatement! it lasts so long , i listen to it most evenings for quite a while and it lasts anything up to two weeks or longer

rideohio

rideohio

iPods.....Are they worth it? post #13
Oh yeah I bought a Nano a last Feb/March and I've charged it maybe four times since then. I really only listen to it 45min a day but I've left it out in my car overnight on before and it barely drained the battery. I've never had a drained battery. With my video, though, I'd charge it every night simply because I watched videos on it all the time, but it still wasn't a problem.

F

Fruttekut

iPods.....Are they worth it? post #14
still have the ipod mini... the battery was f*cked so i bought a new 650mAh battery on some sort of ebay... now it works better then ever!

Brad

Brad

iPods.....Are they worth it? post #15
I just got the shuffle from tescos for £50

I wanted to get a nano but when are you gonan stop to change your song? hardly ever. Also when you fall and you smash your screen it's a waste of £100+. The shuffle you can clip anywhere, i personally clip it onto my jeans, its nice to cruise to some tunes!

Yukio

Yukio

iPods.....Are they worth it? post #16
Ipods are good and all untell your copmuter crashes and you need to get your music back on. You gotta download software to do it and its a pain, other mp3 players software can sync from the player to the computer, i tunes cant

flybikes765

flybikes765

iPods.....Are they worth it? post #17
ive got a creative 20gb zen and ive had no problems with it since i got it in 2004. i only had to buy new earphones last week after the plug finally gave out. 1 of my mates had an ipod which died after 11 months of the 12 month warranty so he sent it back and they gave him a new one which broke within a month which doesn't cover warranty:?

Wombles

Wombles

iPods.....Are they worth it? post #18
this actually can make ipod buyers think twice on buying an ipod..... they look good, sounds great, easy to repair, blah blah blah but you have to think if they are truely worth the money...

Chris_P_Bacon

Chris_P_Bacon

iPods.....Are they worth it? post #19
I have anIriver H320, it's not as easy to navigate through playlists as an ipod but the sound quality is so much better. You can update the firmware to play video, it's somthing different from every other ipod and it still works after countless times of me dropping/crashing on it.

BreakOut

BreakOut

iPods.....Are they worth it? post #20
i would get a creative zen vision so much better than the ipod...

New Topics