installing a threadless headset on a threaded fork?

• Discuss installing a threadless headset on a threaded fork? in the BMX Bike Tech forum in area BMX-Forum Community; Can it be done? I am just getting back into riding after a few years of "leave" And am getting my older redline proline back into shape, and was... ...
C

crashdakota

installing a threadless headset on a threaded fork? post #1
Can it be done?

I am just getting back into riding after a few years of "leave" And am getting my older redline proline back into shape, and was wondering if i could do that because the threads on the fork are a little tweaked .

If it cannot be done can I do a whole new setup with forks, threadless headset, goose neck on the older frame?

R

rocket

installing a threadless headset on a threaded fork? post #2
If you have a 1" fork and frame then your threadless headsetset will not work. far as i rememeber all threaded forks are 1"

later on they came out with threadless but they are 1 and 1/8" so you have to have a frame and fork that are 1 and 1/8" in order for the headset to work.
with that said: if your older frame had forks that were threaded, then you cannot put a threadless head set on it. just match up the cups to the frame and you will see they are too big.
my advice is to buy a new bike or frame and fork. (they all have 1 and 1/8" now.)

New Topics