Injury

X

Xero

Injury post #1
Ok, i'm new to BMX. The council recently built a park in my home town and so I bought a BMX. Why not, I say... :D

Anyway, It was all going really well till about a week last wednesday. I got a bit ****ey and after a successful little run on the smaller ramps, I decided to try to roll-in off the 6ft Quarter Pipe. I didn't pull it off and as the bike fell down the ramp, the wheels gripped the surface and sort of tossed me sideways onto the tarmac. I landed on the only part of my body I wasn't wearing a pad on - my hip! :oops:

Thing is, over a week later, My hip no longer hurts, it never bruised and I'm pain free, until I get on the bike. Whenever I jump, my groin really pulls and hurts.

Just wondered if anyone else had got this injury? Any advise on recovery time - The pain I can handle, I just don't want to do any permanent damage that might stop me riding.

Cheers

I

infantry43RIDER

Injury post #2
i don't think its anything permanent...but if you aren't sure go see someone about it...if you really can't ride with out hurting just rest for a bit longer.

T

Trimix

Injury post #3
A real pro once told me "sometimes you just have to take it easy". and he's right. It sucks, but sometimes you just have to chill out.

A

aussyj

Injury post #4
Hey you shouldn't be complaining. You're gonna get a lot more hurt a long the way so you better get used to it now. My legs are always all cut up and there are a billion bruises on them. My toes even bleed from practicing foot jam tricks so much.

T

Trimix

Injury post #5
You're chronic dude.

X

Xero

Injury post #6
Yeah, you're right. Like I said, the pain I can handle, I just don't want to do any permanent damage that would stop me riding.

It's gettin' better now. Guess I'm not used to this physical stuff - coming from a pen pushing work environment and all. Spose i'll toughen up over time, maybe?

E

evanc

Injury post #7
Or it won't happen once you stop sucking.

X

Xero

Injury post #8
Took me a while to work out what "sucking" was but if you mean my BMX skills are currently limited and tricks are untidily executed:- I agree, I suck big time!

And thanks for all the words of comfort! I'm looking forward to the bleeding toes, bruised legs and broken limbs! :x

This "suck" is a USA term I suppose? I'm on the west coast of Wales, UK, you see.

I

infantry43RIDER

Injury post #9
yea suck is a USA term. sucker. :twisted:

seanmcguire

seanmcguire

Injury post #10
aww im sorry you got hurt

K

Karl H. Marx

Injury post #11
5 Year bump!

M

MATRIX

Injury post #12
It's a bone bruise. Take it easy for about 2 weeks and it will go away. If not, consault a doc to be safe.

New Topics