influence Discussion

• Discuss influence Discussion in the General BMX Forum forum in area BMX-Forum Community; [B]This is a discussion about the influence of skate parks and maybe even ramps on bmx trend and parts being made in the last few years[/B] I have... ...
T

twiztidbmxfreak1

influence Discussion post #1
This is a discussion about the influence of skate parks and maybe even ramps
on bmx trend and parts being made in the last few years

I have see more then a few things change just cuz of new rules in parks and on
some ramps. Naturally right? Or is it? Let anyone and everyone give their opinion
on what they really think drives trends today. Is it where we ride or how we ride
or who is riding or what? How often do we really think about what is shaping the
direction of bikes and parts today?

Last edited:
Air-Ox

Air-Ox

influence Discussion post #2
Ramps have been around very long. Dont think its a new thing (if thats what you are saying)

J

Jamie

influence Discussion post #3
i dont see many ramp shaped bmx parts if thats what you're on aboot?

T

twiztidbmxfreak1

influence Discussion post #4
Im saying what about ramps and parks and all have influenced things
like parks not letting bikes ride without plastic. Things like that. The idea
is to talk about what THEY think drives change in bmx trend not how old
it is.

Last edited:
JohnW

JohnW

influence Discussion post #5

S

Seanzo

influence Discussion post #6
As far as what influences trends these days, in bmx and abroad, I think is a combination of media and pro riders. Im a new rider, and I know Im always looking at those who are better than me and seeing what gear and parts they ride. I think definitely comparing skate parks to dirt tracks or that, there is a huge difference on what you want out of the bike, and the parts are unique to each. I think when bmx first started, dirt tracks were the norm, I know when I was a kid there was only a dirt track in my hometown, no concrete parks or ramps. Maybe because more people are moving to urban centers, and because there isnt much natural woodland in the urban communities, thats the reason for a growing popularity in skate parks and ramps. Just my thoughts.

T

twiztidbmxfreak1

influence Discussion post #7
SEE someone got what i was saying

What i hate is that they really dont show enough of pro riders
bike and what they have so we have a better idea of what works
and what doesnt.

I ride street and I dont like plastic parts nor do i want them
but i cant go to a park cuz i have metal bar ends and alot
of parks around here want all plastic on the ends of the bike
from pegs to bar ends
that kinda controls what parts you get and how your bike looks
i see so much plastic now and i just dont get it

JohnW

JohnW

influence Discussion post #8
The only park near here, which is 20 miles away, doesn't care what kind of barends or pegs you have. I have metal barends, metal pedals, one steel peg, and one T1 peg (aluminum core/tip, steel sleeve) and the guy who watches it doesn't care.

If you do need plastic barends, get some Odyssey Par Ends.

T

twiztidbmxfreak1

influence Discussion post #10
some parks are different
some places with ramps around where i live
wont let you ride if you even have pegs
there is alot more street riding out here
and still i see plastic everywhere and i dont
get it, that crap is going to bake and then
you got to buy more, pointless
i know people are trying to go light but still
it isnt helping that much
just like the cut out trend
it doesnt help enough to make it worth HOLES
in my bike
im not sure what exactly started the HUGE bars
thing but it sure has got going
Im an old school rider im 27 and ive been riding
since i was like 5
i came up in a VERY different time them alot of
people riding around today
back when the more tubes on your frame the better
when people would laugh cuz you DIDNT have a gyro

CodyPrince

CodyPrince

influence Discussion post #11
stop bitching and buy soem ****ing plegs pc's and par ends for **** sake.

T

twiztidbmxfreak1

influence Discussion post #12
nope
not ever going to run plastic
why dont YOU buy some good parts
and stop being a broke bitch
im NO trend hopper
didnt you see the brakes

JohnW

JohnW

influence Discussion post #13
Would you mind giving the enter/return key a break? Sentences
weren't meant
to be typed
like this.

And there's nothing wrong with running plastic barends like Odyssey Par Ends, but I do see a problem with the crap nylon ones and the plastic Animal ones. Despite thinking I'll always run metal pedals, I'm actually considering getting JCPCs someday. It's one thing to not have trendy parts when they don't suit your riding, it's another thing to avoid them entirely just because they are trendy.

T

twiztidbmxfreak1

influence Discussion post #14
yes i know. it just makes it look like im writing more then i am.
I dont like plastic cuz it just isnt as good. Ive had plastic pedals and they broke on me with one bunnyhop!
I dont see anything plastic that i want. I like my magno pedals and I like metal bar ends cuz my bike gets
dropped and plastic is just going to break. I mean take a look at my bike check and youll see how my ends
look, they were NEW when i got on the bike. If i had plastic they would have broke. You are right about being
trendaphobic, but when you just dont agree with how the trends are going or what the outcome is then you
can follow them. I have to sit while riding from time to time and i cant deal with my knees in my chest. So i cant
slam my seat. I will never go brakeless, I like being able to STOP. I like front brakes even. I prefer gyro even though my bike has the metal link straight cable(was on it when i got it) I dont run pegs. I dont chop 2 inches off my bars. I dont ride 8+ rise bars ither. I like a little wide with just the right height and i got to say Gary Young bars are just that! I understand trying to keep with the times but just following cuz everyone else is doing it is just LAME! Be yourself and have some originality. its cool to get a new interesting part, but its pushing it for it to only be cool or interesting if its trendy or if everyone else is doing it. I like my bike to be as unique as I am. I look at ALOT of the bike checks on here and so many look the same its sad. Some people that keep their bike changing and looking different are so much more interesting.

One thing I know from being a long time rider is BMXers, alot like skaters, even though they might not want to admit it are very clicky and exclusive and even mean to people they think are "unworthy" and such. I've met alot of riders who are very nice and cool and who dont act all stuck up for riding something nice or being good and i have met some who are complete JERKS just cuz they have a "nicer" bike or are "better" rider. People have really forgot what BMX and FREESTYLE is about! Its not about uniform or conformity but just being wild and out there and having fun with other bikers seeing what you can do. About personal best not being the best. It has almost become a trend to be uncool to people if they dont have the new hip thing. A good bit of people who ride FIT bikes are like that. Just cuz i didnt or cant shell out $400 for a damn frame doesnt mean I am a douche ya know. It really doesnt matter what you ride it matters THAT you RIDE.

Brocknz

Brocknz

influence Discussion post #15
some parks are different
some places with ramps around where i live
wont let you ride if you even have pegs
there is alot more street riding out here
and still i see plastic everywhere and i dont
get it, that crap is going to bake and then
you got to buy more, pointless
i know people are trying to go light but still
it isnt helping that much
just like the cut out trend
it doesnt help enough to make it worth HOLES
in my bike
im not sure what exactly started the HUGE bars
thing but it sure has got going
Im an old school rider im 27 and ive been riding
since i was like 5
i came up in a VERY different time them alot of
people riding around today
back when the more tubes on your frame the better
when people would laugh cuz you DIDNT have a gyro

plastic parts nowadays are reli good. my pcs are as strong as most pedals and there even gripyer than my mates wuns who run metal nd stuff lyk that. but yes. drillin holes n your bike. thats just dumb. if u want it lighter buy lighter parts. id rather waste money than make my bike weaker. nd now that there using stronger materials. we dnt need designs such as the quadangle. simple front and rear triangle styled frames are reli good now and all u need.

New Topics