incompatible cranks.... HELP MEH!!!

• Discuss incompatible cranks.... HELP MEH!!! in the Reviews, Howtos & Tech-Articles forum in area BMX-Forum Community; I got a new frame a wile ago because it was on sale and it had the perfect geo for me. And since my wrist is sprained i decided now is the perfect... ...
iRon37

iRon37

incompatible cranks.... HELP MEH!!! post #1
I got a new frame a wile ago because it was on sale and it had the perfect geo for me. And since my wrist is sprained i decided now is the perfect time. After taking the cranks off and removing the unsealed bottom bracket to measure the spindle size I learned it has two different sizes.

If you've ever took apart an unsealed bottom bracket you know or will learn that the drive side is bigger. So how can i get these cranks to work with a sealed spanish bb?
Cranks; GT cro-mo 3 piece. The spindle looks similar to this; http://www.danscomp.com/455098.php?cat=PARTS

i could try to find a regular spindle that my fit my cank arms but when i called gt to see if they oferd one they said: "i belive your mistaken, we do not offer single speed bikes" so they're no **** help.

E RaK

E RaK

incompatible cranks.... HELP MEH!!! post #2
you are correct, the unsld spindle wont work with a sealed bb.

http://www.danscomp.com/452510.php?cat=PARTS
Eastern 720 cranks probly the cheapest out there for 75 bucks. They are really nice for their price. 48 spline, and if you already have a 19mm bb for your frame they will work perfectly.

keep searching for that new spindle tho.

Last edited:
G

Gibbo.

incompatible cranks.... HELP MEH!!! post #3
can you even run an unsealed crank spindle with a sealed one?? becuase un sealed has thread and shit on it..

Tyler Ciervo

Tyler Ciervo

incompatible cranks.... HELP MEH!!! post #4
i'd suggest getting new cranks. what frame did you get? you can go for the Eastern 720 cranks but you might as well get something that will last.

iRon37

iRon37

incompatible cranks.... HELP MEH!!! post #5
I got an 07 condor. Its nice. I know i'll probably need new cranks but... i can't afford them for a wile. And if i do i'm not going to buy any eastern krap.

maby i could find some unseald spanish bearings? or somthing like that

E RaK

E RaK

incompatible cranks.... HELP MEH!!! post #6
ive heard those cranks are pretty durable but its not my choice.
i dont think ive ever seen an unsld bb

iRon37

iRon37

incompatible cranks.... HELP MEH!!! post #7
^^^^that helped me alot, now i know somthing about water treatement and ghey marige?

*above spam post got deleted*

Last edited:
mack_turtle

mack_turtle

incompatible cranks.... HELP MEH!!! post #8
buy new cranks. it's that, or have a highly-skilled machinist take your spindle on a lathe and machine off the threads until the spindle is perfectly round and fits.

T

twiztidbmxfreak1

incompatible cranks.... HELP MEH!!! post #9
unsealed is CRAP
ask the other bmxers around town
someone will have a used crank you can get for
cheap im sure and a BB is around 15 bucks
good bike stuff isnt cheap
its costs to play

7 Broken Bottles

7 Broken Bottles

incompatible cranks.... HELP MEH!!! post #10
Are the splines the same size on both sides? If they are, you could just get a new spindle. That would work for a bit I think.

JIP

JIP

incompatible cranks.... HELP MEH!!! post #11
Call an order shop and ask if they have a spindle to fit your crank arms AND the bottom bracket set that you have.

ColourOfMoney

ColourOfMoney

incompatible cranks.... HELP MEH!!! post #12
I got a new frame a wile ago because it was on sale and it had the perfect geo for me. And since my wrist is sprained i decided now is the perfect time. After taking the cranks off and removing the unsealed bottom bracket to measure the spindle size I learned it has two different sizes.

If you've ever took apart an unsealed bottom bracket you know or will learn that the drive side is bigger. So how can i get these cranks to work with a sealed spanish bb?
Cranks; GT cro-mo 3 piece. The spindle looks similar to this; http://www.danscomp.com/455098.php?cat=PARTS

i could try to find a regular spindle that my fit my cank arms but when i called gt to see if they oferd one they said: "i belive your mistaken, we do not offer single speed bikes" so they're no **** help.
hahaha

what i did was i got my dad to put mine in the lath or ours, but what you could do is go to a like a really big tool shop and mayhe ask them if they could use a lath to turn in down to 22mm,

Dr.Chuck

Dr.Chuck

incompatible cranks.... HELP MEH!!! post #13
bro i had a unsealed bb problem beacuse the bearings broke so to get sealed bearings on it i thought u can get a sealed spindle for a 8 spline crank but its preatty much imposoble but if u find it its going to be a 20 mm spindle wich is really hard to find so i ended up getting primo powerbites with a bb for like 140$ wich was a preaty descent deal

iRon37

iRon37

incompatible cranks.... HELP MEH!!! post #14
well my unseald amer bb is blewn as well... idk. I might try ebay.

New Topics