In memory of Cliff Burton

• Discuss In memory of Cliff Burton in the The Music Lounge forum in area BMX-Forum Community - more stuff; Today, September 27, marks the 22nd anniversary of Clifford Lee Burton's death. Cliff played bass in Metallica from 1982-1986. He is commonly... ...
P

paranoidmexican

In memory of Cliff Burton post #1
Today, September 27, marks the 22nd anniversary of Clifford Lee Burton's death.

Cliff played bass in Metallica from 1982-1986. He is commonly known as one of the best bass players to ever walk the earth.

During the European leg of the Damage Inc. tour in support of Master of Puppets, the band had complained that the sleeping cubicles on their tour bus were unsatisfactory and uncomfortable. As a minor solution the members drew cards for the most comfortable bunk. On the evening of September 27, 1986, Burton had won the game with an Ace of Spades. The card game was the last conversation Burton was to have with anyone. He was asleep when, according to the driver, the band's tour bus ran over a patch of black ice, skidded off of the road, and flipped onto the grass in Ljungby Municipality, near Dörarp in rural southern Sweden. Burton was thrown through the window of the bus, which fell on top of him and killed him. A winch that was lifting the bus off him snapped, causing the bus to crush him a second time.

We miss you, Cliff.

"When a man lies, he murders a part of the world. These are the pale deaths which men miscall their lives. All of this I cannot bear to witness any longer.
Cannot the kingdom of salvation take me home?"

specializedrider

specializedrider

In memory of Cliff Burton post #2
Man it sucks that he's . he was the best bass player metallica will ever have. R.I.P. cliff

New Topics