Improvement?

• Discuss Improvement? in the General BMX Forum forum in area BMX-Forum Community; I have been trying to improve my bunny hop so that I can do more tricks, and I need some advice. Whenever I see people who can hop higher than me, they... ...
  • Tags bike jump
A

afroboy360

Improvement? post #1
I have been trying to improve my bunny hop so that I can do more tricks, and I need some advice. Whenever I see people who can hop higher than me, they pull their front wheel real high. Also, they bring their butts way back behind their seat. I can get about 2 1/2 feet, but I dont do either of those things. How do I do so without falling back or coming off my pedals? Also, it feels like I'm landing way to hard. When I come down, I kind of get shell-shocked, and it seems like some part of my bike kind of clangs. Maybe I just need to work at it more, but any advice would be greatly apprectiated. Thanks.

T

titanium_s&m

Improvement? post #2
the best way to learn is to pop the both wheels at the same time, ride at a slow pace and pull hard on the bars get it as high as you want the bunnyhop then point your toes towards the ground and push back and up with your feet as the bike comes up, level it out and there you go, quite simple. try jumping over something like a shoe box to practice, because sometimes its harder to bunnyhop over nothing because you cant judge it. practice this every time your on your bmx everywhere you go, trust me youll be poping bunnhops in no time,when i first started out it took me about three hours tops with this tecnique, i admit i was made up when i pulled my first biggy! hope this helps, peace out.

T

Trimix

Improvement? post #3
afroboy360 said:
I have been trying to improve my bunny hop so that I can do more tricks, and I need some advice. Whenever I see people who can hop higher than me, they pull their front wheel real high. Also, they bring their butts way back behind their seat. I can get about 2 1/2 feet, but I dont do either of those things. How do I do so without falling back or coming off my pedals? Also, it feels like I'm landing way to hard. When I come down, I kind of get shell-shocked, and it seems like some part of my bike kind of clangs. Maybe I just need to work at it more, but any advice would be greatly apprectiated. Thanks.
If you're hopping 30", you don't sound like you need hopping advice. Keep doing what you are doing!

F

federal_rider12

Improvement? post #4
i just pull up hard get tire pretty high then jump, sometimes it feels like my feet come off the pedals but not much, then bend my knees and scrunch up (at that point some people move their body back and stretch their arms out) then when you feel you peaked drop your back tire then front will follow. for me i dont have a high bunnyhop unless im jumping onto or over somethingi just try a bit harder but i cant bunnyhop onto a picnic table but that would be nice if i could

R

rocket

Improvement? post #5
go to the tricks section and see "bunnyhop"...then read it all.

R

rocket

Improvement? post #6
Trimix said:
If you're hopping 30", you don't sound like you need hopping advice. Keep doing what you are doing!
YEA...exactly.

M

Mr_Shrapnel

Improvement? post #7
to be honest, its just practice. its quite hard to tell someone how to bunnyhop well you know? practice and you will get it.
but if you can hop about 2 1/2 feet thats not bad at all in fact thats pretty good, i mean i think i read a interview with cory martinez somewhere, and he said he could hop about 3 feet, so your only 1/2 a foot of that. if you actually CAN hop about 2 1/2, thats good, i couldnt hop much higher.

A

afroboy360

Improvement? post #8
Titanium, your advice on foot placement will really help, and I think that if I place my back wheel on the ground first, like Federal said, then I will land smoother. Thanks for the help.

S

sentaafEQpovar

Improvement? post #9
i was liek an inch away from bunnyhopping up picnic tables, but now that ive gone from a 1 and half pound wheel to a 7 pound wheel, its gonna be hard

S

sandmriderbmx

Improvement? post #10
sounds like your jumpin high already, just keep up wat yur doin

New Topics