IMPORTANT INFO FOR NEW BMXERS!

S

S-A-M

IMPORTANT INFO FOR NEW BMXERS! post #1
well i have been bmxing for like 2 years now i am quite good im into street/dirt if you are intrested in buying a bmx go for a really cheap light one (u know them crome ones) spray it sticker it up and put 14mm axels on it (u will need the 14mm at least) then practace this will be a VERY VERY VERY light bike and it will be cheap too!

this is how i learnt and its made me really good, there is no point buying a heavy expensive bike because it is harder to learn on

** REMEMBER THIS IS ONLY EXPERT ADVISE U DO NOT HAVE TO TAKE IT!!!**

Proud member of the redline team (after 1.5 years of riding a cheap light bike!

H

headhunter555

IMPORTANT INFO FOR NEW BMXERS! post #2
only propblem is u can fit 14mm axles in most cheap light bikes.

K

Kaps

IMPORTANT INFO FOR NEW BMXERS! post #3
once again...SAY HELLO TO WALL MART

E

evanc

IMPORTANT INFO FOR NEW BMXERS! post #4
Or you could save money in te long run and buy one of these so-called "heavy" bikes. Use the money you'd have saved on broken parts and buy some weights and quit being a pussy.

K

Kaps

IMPORTANT INFO FOR NEW BMXERS! post #5
YEA! BE A MAN!

H

headhunter555

IMPORTANT INFO FOR NEW BMXERS! post #6
and again not to be smart, but most cheap rims, wont fit 14 mm axles in them. but again im just saying what i know,

And it seems it would cost a decent chunk of chang to put 14mm axles in acheap bike, just for the folks to bend the next day.

Now im not saying u HAVE to go buy an expensize name brand bike to bust some shit. if u have a cheap bike, and cant afford anything else go for it, cuz thats what im doint i have a freaking next frame goose forks, rims, and a 3 peice. crap? yes. break every time i ride it? pretty much but its holding out till i can get a real bike!

And as for learning on a light bike, it may help, my first bike was very light, but that ment for a bike adjustment when i went to a heavier bike to!

415fsxrules

IMPORTANT INFO FOR NEW BMXERS! post #7
i have been biking since last fall and my last bike was like 20 pounds and now my bike is 36 pounds and iam still gettin use to the weight of it but u just gotta keep b-hopping till u get ur b-hop back to regluar height.

E

evanc

IMPORTANT INFO FOR NEW BMXERS! post #8
Exactly. Start out heavy, and then you get buff, and you're used to your bike and can always ride good. Don't be a ****ing sissy.

K

Kaps

IMPORTANT INFO FOR NEW BMXERS! post #9
bullshit. my friend has a mongoose pro and i cant even pop a ****in wheelie on it...and i can bench 135...SOOO light bikes SUCK. the 2nd bmx bike that i got (was the one i started doin tricks on) weighed 32 pounds total and i learned how to pop wheelies,b hops and shit like that. of course my arms hurt after i started poppin some hot shit...but yea man...get fu(kin buff...bitches

B

Bigboomer

IMPORTANT INFO FOR NEW BMXERS! post #10
You bench 135 and your think your rough and tough ? hahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahaha (breath) hahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahaha

415fsxrules

IMPORTANT INFO FOR NEW BMXERS! post #11
hes probably a smaller guy and he probably doesnt just do it once and say o yeah i can bench 135 like some people yeah i can do 175 and they can only do it once what does that prove?????

S

Scottehrm

IMPORTANT INFO FOR NEW BMXERS! post #12
WALL MART HAH!

S

sam-ski

IMPORTANT INFO FOR NEW BMXERS! post #13
start on something heavier lol cuz then wen u get a new lighter bike then it will b easier lol!!!!!

Z

ze12o

IMPORTANT INFO FOR NEW BMXERS! post #14
all of you are pansys :D cheap and light bikes? not. lol start with heavy bikes like a haro -_-;

oh by the way this is the classifieds section if you havent noticed :wink:

B

bruisedbob

IMPORTANT INFO FOR NEW BMXERS! post #15
ze12o said:
all of you are pansys :D cheap and light bikes? not. lol start with heavy bikes like a haro -_-;

oh by the way this is the classifieds section if you havent noticed :wink:
Not to mention it's over two years old. Can we keep things recent?

Beanie

Beanie

IMPORTANT INFO FOR NEW BMXERS! post #16
headhunter555 said:
and again not to be smart, but most cheap rims, wont fit 14 mm axles in them. but again im just saying what i know,

And it seems it would cost a decent chunk of chang to put 14mm axles in acheap bike, just for the folks to bend the next day.

Now im not saying u HAVE to go buy an expensize name brand bike to bust some shit. if u have a cheap bike, and cant afford anything else go for it, cuz thats what im doint i have a freaking next frame goose forks, rims, and a 3 peice. crap? yes. break every time i ride it? pretty much but its holding out till i can get a real bike!

And as for learning on a light bike, it may help, my first bike was very light, but that ment for a bike adjustment when i went to a heavier bike to!

how do you fit an axle in a rim? i dont know about you but i put my axles in my hub

dont say that a light bike will make or break a new rider, because then theyll go buy all these light parts and break them and get mad and quit.

its good for begginers to buy a complete bike for about $200-300 unless they got more money, so they can ride that and then figure out what parts they like.

its not all about lightness, its more geometry than weight, you stick a 3ft tall guy on a 22" toptube frame with 8.5 rise bars and he wont even be able to do anything, but if u stick a 6ft 3inch dude on there, hes gonna be able to ride just fine.

its good to start out on a 30-35lb bike, because your not gonna be smooth, and ur gonna break things learning new tricks, so its better to break those $20 parts then that $80 part

once u progress and get better, then you can upgrade to lighter parts..

i started out on a heavy bike, and slowly got better lighter parts to fit my riding style, i do alot of tech tricks, so the lighter the bike, the easier i can spin and throw it around.

a heavy bike isnt going to make a person much stronger, go ask weight lifters and theyll tell you they start out their workout with light weights and streching, then move up and up till they get to where they were last, so that their muscles are warmed and stretched so they dont hurt themselves lifting all that weight..

telling someone oh a heavy bike will make you strong!, your basically telling them, go get a heavy bike and strain your body so you can replace your hip when your 30!

S

Scottehrm

IMPORTANT INFO FOR NEW BMXERS! post #17
yea really

New Topics