I'm so sore

• Discuss I'm so sore in the Beginners / New to BMX forum in area BMX-Forum Community; I used to MTB, and took a year off. Over that year constantly watching BMX videos with ym friend I fell in love with it and bought a bike. two days... ...
  • Tags bmx manual
M

Mattarchy

I'm so sore post #1
I used to MTB, and took a year off. Over that year constantly watching BMX videos with ym friend I fell in love with it and bought a bike.

two days of straight riding and i am hurting like a little bitch.

bruised palms, ripped open calis's, lower back muscles, shoulder, forarm muscles. I can barely move.

I need some suggestions as to how i can prevent 2 day breaks in between riding to let my muscles heal.

M

MuffinMan

I'm so sore post #2
welcome to the life of bmxing :lol:

F

federal_rider12

I'm so sore post #3
muscle rub! i use it anytime im sore and want to ride that stuff burns then cools and mine is so potent that it makes my eyes water because of the scent. but actually do what your suppose to do before any sport, stretch. im lazy and just want to ride so i dont stretch i just get use to the pain and keep riding and if the pain is super bad i slap on the muscle rub and i keep going

X Boarder

X Boarder

I'm so sore post #4
Yeah

Yeah man same thing happend to me when i first learned how to bunnyhop. I used muscles i never did before, and it KILLEd, especially my forearm muscles.. I still get pain after a while of not riding, but I think i'll try federal_rider12's suggestion. STRETCHING. if it were that easy...

M

Mattarchy

I'm so sore post #5
yeah I stretched.....after i pulled the muscles. but this morning they're feeling better.

Now i can get back to airing off the quarter.

can anybody tell me some good starter tricks to be learning? i'll tell you what I have so far:

bunnyhop (2 feet maybe)
small manual
reverts or turnarounds or whatever you call them.

I want to get and have been practising:
bunnyhop to manual on a mani-pad
180's
fufanus

T

Trimix

I'm so sore post #6
Just ride brother, it'll quit hurting soon enough.......

S

sandmriderbmx

I'm so sore post #7
get sum gloves, get in shape, and stretch before u ride

T

The Worst

I'm so sore post #8
Ahhhh the joys of every morning.....Damn Canadian winters...Last WAYYYYYY too long and are WAYYYYYYY too cold. DIE !!!!

M

MuffinMan

I'm so sore post #9
call me soft, but i just love to cross up in the air, love that feelin :D

I

infantry43RIDER

I'm so sore post #10
MuffinMan said:
welcome to the life of bmxing :lol:
yea dude.
keeping riding will definitly keep you out there riding for longer times and everything...because you will get used to all that and get in shape for riding.
but there will be times that you will need like a day or 2 off from it...because you don't want to kill yourself and end up having to stay off for long ass periods of time...waiting for something to heal or whatever.

F

federal_rider12

I'm so sore post #11
i dont think a fufanu is a good trick to strat into. you better get other ticks down first or get alot better control of your bike before you do it. strat doing grinds like double peg and feeble. also try disasters

Clutch

Clutch

I'm so sore post #12
The Worst said:
Ahhhh the joys of every morning.....Damn Canadian winters...Last WAYYYYYY too long and are WAYYYYYYY too cold. DIE !!!!
I hear that... I wish there was some indoor parks or something I could ride in the winter.

M

Mattarchy

I'm so sore post #13
Muscles are better, time to rock.

T

The Worst

I'm so sore post #14
Clutch said:
The Worst said:
I hear that... I wish there was some indoor parks or something I could ride in the winter.
I jus want to find a barn with a flat ground! That would be sweet but its too cold to look....it sorta warm today so I might bike into town.

W

William

I'm so sore post #15
were full fingered gloves to prevent caleses, and learn not to suck, so you don't fall and hurt your self.

T

Trimix

I'm so sore post #16
Hey....I also just learned that sometimes you learn tricks while you are NOT RIDING....anyone experience this too?

I

infantry43RIDER

I'm so sore post #17
i get that a lot actually trimix haha...its pretty nifty.
like in school sometimes ill be thinking about how to do some trick and then i will get it in my head...and ill want to go home and when i get home i try it right away and just get it first time.

T

Trimix

I'm so sore post #18
That is exactly what I mean.....

I

infantry43RIDER

I'm so sore post #19
yea dude.
i learned turndowns while eating peanut butter and jelly sandwiches at lunch time.

New Topics