Im New to BMX

• Discuss Im New to BMX in the Beginners / New to BMX forum in area BMX-Forum Community; Hey guys. I currently own an Orange O2 with pace pro racing forks, XTR full. I used to be really into road and mountain biking, but due to spending... ...
  • Tags bike bmx flatland jump manual parts
R

Reef

Im New to BMX post #1
Hey guys.

I currently own an Orange O2 with pace pro racing forks, XTR full. I used to be really into road and mountain biking, but due to spending time in hospital i had to stop. But am back now and gettin hooked into BMX'in, just because it looks really cool, and alot of fun to do.

Any one with ne tips on where to start? ideally i wanna start in say about 10 weeks, and practise loads. If ne 1 could just tell me where would be a good place to start (actual bike itself) and parts. I dont mind buyin parts separately and building it myself. Look forward to seeing what u have to say

Dave

S

sandmriderbmx

Im New to BMX post #2
i was were u are a couple years ago, i just finished buildin my first really good bike, before tht i had a good haro, the best pointers i can give are not to jump right into tricks but first learn how to bunnyhop and j-hop real good, learn how to get good air off of jumps, then when yur confident about basic riding and jumping then start yur basic tricks like tabletops and 180s and x-ups and things

R

Reef

Im New to BMX post #3
Whats a j-hop? never heard of that :?:

E

EPMD

Im New to BMX post #4
bunnyhop.. same thing basically

S

sandmriderbmx

Im New to BMX post #5
j-hop is like a bunnyhop only you dont just jump from flat u jump from a manual, u dont need to manual first but like yur front tire goes up first

F

federal_rider12

Im New to BMX post #6
actually a bunnyhop is when your font tire comes up then back pulling the entire bike up at once i have no clue of a name for it but me and my friends call it a frog hop

T

The Worst

Im New to BMX post #7
TRY FLATLAND......Flatland needs you.....Just one out of the 365 days......Just PROMISE to give it a try.....Sorry for being so dramatic but everyone should give it a chance....I did and cant stop

F

federal_rider12

Im New to BMX post #8
i still do tailwhips and steamroller but flatland is just not for me. i like cruising through town grinding, stalling, gapping, or just jumping things. couple days ago i was messing around on a cement highway divider

R

Reef

Im New to BMX post #9
So what price range u recon i shud start at? and make?

R

Reef

Im New to BMX post #10
Do you think that i shud buya GT Fly for my first bike/what u recommend?

B

bob fat bob

Im New to BMX post #11
I would say test out a couple differnt ones if you can just to get the feel of what kind of frame crank forks etc u like. but if you cant then the gt/fly is pretty good to start out with.(better then what iam rideing now)

T

The Worst

Im New to BMX post #12
Get a light but not too light frame.....I got a REALLY heavy frame becaz I didnt know what I was going to do and thought id be riding bowls and half pipes....but now that I flatland I have this heavy ass bike that makes my arms sore after like 30 mins of riding....

B

bones

Im New to BMX post #13
i say personally if ur looking at gt get a compe 2004 they are really hard wearing and come with all the nessacities

plus its a 19 inch frame :p :twisted:

S

Super S***

Im New to BMX post #14
id get a gt bump 2004 (thats wot i got) :) its nice but the tyres need to go! depends wot your doin rly

ebbmx

ebbmx

Im New to BMX post #15
hey im new

im new and i've got a eastern battery is tat ok?? :?:

ebbmx

ebbmx

Im New to BMX post #16
oops srry for the codes :oops:

S

Super S***

Im New to BMX post #17
yeah it is pretty good....could u give me a link to the eastern website i cant find it

New Topics