I'm falling out, sorry.

• Discuss I'm falling out, sorry. in the General BMX Forum forum in area BMX-Forum Community; Hey fellow riders, I'm having a ****ed up period in my life right now and for the past year and a half I have lost the edge I once had in my riding... ...
Shredder111

Shredder111

I'm falling out, sorry. post #1
Hey fellow riders,

I'm having a ****ed up period in my life right now and for the past year and a half I have lost the edge I once had in my riding. I'm having really bad problems with sleep and can't even accomplish stuff for school the way I like to. I don't enjoy riding anymore and I don't feel like trying, so I am temporarily quitting. I have no one else who understands to talk to, as they can't imagine what I am going through. I feel like a true puss and would rather chuck my bike out of the window right now. So, fellow riders, do any of you join me at this time? It will probably be half a year, maybe more before I give it a new try. Once I sleep better and finish the stuff I need to do I will give it another shot. Thanks for caring, I am not bullshitting in this thread.

Shredder1118)

SnK

SnK

I'm falling out, sorry. post #2
Yeh, my girlfriend just dumped me. So i'm gutted. I go to work 3 days a week and college 3 days a week. Lifes stressful and boring.. I don't see any of my old mates as i've just moved to college from school and it's hella different for me and i'm not used to it yet, so i'm scared and tired 24/7.

But i'm still riding.. Maybe not as bad as your situation but.
(Infact, riding is the only thing that takes my mind off stuff - if i didn't have this i'd be crying right now)

I hate relationships when they break up! Especially when you like a girl so much and it's not your fault.

Justin

Justin

I'm falling out, sorry. post #3
I took a whole year off once. Sometimes people need a break, it's normal. Just DON'T sell your bike. You'll want to ride it again someday.
Talk to a doctor about your sleeping problems. Once that gets fixed, everything will get back on track. Take care of yourself, and the BMX will find its way back into your life. Don't feel guilty about taking a break either. It's not a job, it's a hobby. A hobby is something you do when you WANT to, that's what makes it enjoyable.

N

nsn240

I'm falling out, sorry. post #4
Dude I'm in the same boat... college ****ed my shit up as far as not seeing friends/sleeping/schoolwork.
However driving/riding are the only two things (besides drinking) that get me away from shit. Do what you gotta do

Justin

Justin

I'm falling out, sorry. post #5
College ALWAYS takes time out of a persons riding career. It's inedible. You'll ride less, sure, but it's not the end, unless you let it be the end. There's nothing wrong with focusing on your education for now, BMX will still be there when the time is right.

M

Marcus Poopy

I'm falling out, sorry. post #6
Dude I'm in the same boat... college ****ed my shit up as far as not seeing friends/sleeping/schoolwork.
However driving/riding are the only two things (besides drinking) that get me away from shit. Do what you gotta do
yes i also became an alcohollic not too long ago.

dave dynamite

dave dynamite

I'm falling out, sorry. post #7
yeah man, do what justin said and DONT SELL YOUR BIKE!!!

SnK

SnK

I'm falling out, sorry. post #8
Yup.
I'm learning to drive at the moment, and that's another thing thats giving me hope.. Knowing i can take myself off when i want, sling my bike in the back and go riding some street spots i randomly spot. If i wasn't 17 and i couldn't drive soon, and i didn't have biking.. And i was at the currect stage in my life with all the shit that's happened recently, i think i'd have ended up killing myself. Depressing to think about but it's true. I considered it when my girlfriend dumped me last night, so i went out for a ride and came home feeling alot better.

Justin

Justin

I'm falling out, sorry. post #9
I've been through a lot. I went to school, took a break later on for no particular reason, and another short break when I went through a divorce. But 17 years after my first ride, I still have a bike, and still enjoy it. BMX is a part of life. But the fact is there are other parts of life as well, and they can't always coincide with each other. There's no shame or guilt in sacrificing time from BMXing for something else, sometimes is the best thing to do. But in due time the riding will happen.

mikemilleruk

mikemilleruk

I'm falling out, sorry. post #10
i have problems sleeping too. wkae up in the morning all tired and cba doing anything.
all my old mates are all drugged up thinking they are kool i'm always too tired to go out so right now i can say i have no friends more like accomplices(sp?) i think they are called. you know not real friends but you talk to them hang with them but i wouldnt class them as mates really.

right now also i am enjoying building bikes more than riding them lol.

Justin

Justin

I'm falling out, sorry. post #11
Acquaintances.

SnK

SnK

I'm falling out, sorry. post #12
i have problems sleeping too. wkae up in the morning all tired and cba doing anything.
all my old mates are all drugged up thinking they are kool i'm always too tired to go out so right now i can say i have no friends more like accomplices(sp?) i think they are called. you know not real friends but you talk to them hang with them but i wouldnt class them as mates really.

right now also i am enjoying building bikes more than riding them lol.

I didn't realise so many people have the same problems as me. I have sleeping problems.. tossing and turning.. Waking up feeling tired and don't want to do anything but i have to. My new college (mates) smoke daily and i don't. And i just don't feel comfortable. Just hang around so i'm not lonely.
And me too.. I prefer building/buying new parts and stuff, rather then riding.

Shredder111

Shredder111

I'm falling out, sorry. post #13
I'm actually a homeschooler over the net. I'm a senior in highschool, not at all anti-social, but really de-motivated. All this talk about not riding in college also sucks. I'm not planning on selling my bike, but I am going through the motions to just crap on it all. My sleeping problem is a year and a half old and I think it is related to my lifestyle. A doctor will only give me meds and thats not my path. I can handle it on my own, it will just be tough and take some time to fix. I sometimes don't sleep 3-4 nights in a row and a night ago I had pretty trippy hallucinations. I mean I was really scared that I was dying or something. Than the next day your friends write and pester you to go riding and I always go. I let myself be pushed into it and I don't jump or try anything new. This is total b.s. because I know it is within my capabilities, I have done it before. Lately I can't let myself go and I am not focused on anything. I feel naturally stoned due to how tired I am and it is just too much. Now go ride. I appreciate that I have someone to relate to, at least online. Being by myself I have learned to control my emotions and am very mentally tough. I am lucky too because otherwise I probably would have lynched myself long ago.:lol: Now on top of all of this, I have the SAT's to prepare for and 8 courses to finish. A total mind-****.

B

ben

I'm falling out, sorry. post #14
I'm with you, only get out on the bike once a month if I'm luck so inevitably I'm getting worse every time I go out

but I'll never sell the bike

just got college, girlfriend problems, wotk etc.

feels ****ed up right now, like I can never relax

E

earthworm5000

I'm falling out, sorry. post #15
Hi

I have trouble sleeping to, have had it since I was about 13 I'm now 29 but it is OK you find things that triger it. It may be stress with all that is going on in life. Taking a brack is not a bad thing did the same with my guitar but I made the mistake of selling it (still regret it now and it was like 12 yrs ago)

It will all work its self out

Earthworm

Ecko

Ecko

I'm falling out, sorry. post #16
If you're having problems sleeping, get an iPod, MP3 player or just leave your computer running and make a playlist of very peaceful music. Leave it playing over night. Sounds corny, yes, but it will help you fall asleep so much better and you'll wake up feeling good too.

SnK

SnK

I'm falling out, sorry. post #17
Can someone suggest that type of music please?
I always want to do it but i never find the correct music.. That proper relaxed classical music.

Ecko

Ecko

I'm falling out, sorry. post #18
Can someone suggest that type of music please?
I always want to do it but i never find the correct music.. That proper relaxed classical music.
I don't know too many good groups with that type of music but check out "The Postal Service", I'm listening to Such Great Heights right now and I could go days listening to this same song over and over again.

Jack Johnson is good too.

SnK

SnK

I'm falling out, sorry. post #19
Jack johnson oh yeah!

L

LordBanks

I'm falling out, sorry. post #20
Early 'Massive Attack' is good, any music branded 'trip-hop' is good to.Theres also a cd compilation called 'chilled Ibiza' that is really good, i listen to that a lot when i can't sleep, in fact i'm gonna put it on now.

New Topics