Im done with Brakes...

T

The Worst

Im done with Brakes... post #1
I havent been here in awhile....looks different....but anywho....I am thinking of taking my brakes off caz when I am flatlanding I never use them and see all these otehr flatlanders around town without brakes. So I was just wondering if I were to take off my gyro would I need to buy a new headset or anything.....caz I dont want to get it apart and have to put all that shit back on...THNX!
:bmx_rulez:

I

infantry43RIDER

Im done with Brakes... post #2
im not exactly sure but i don't think you would need to get a new headset after taking off your gyro.

E

evanc

Im done with Brakes... post #3
No, you don't. See "Bicycle Repair 101" by evanc for more details. It' in the tech forum.

R

rage2k3

Im done with Brakes... post #4
infantry43RIDER said:
im not exactly sure but i don't think you would need to get a new headset after taking off your gyro.
No you dont, I recently took of my gyro and all I had to leave on my bike was the top gyro plate that came with the stem. It works like a spacer.

T

The Worst

Im done with Brakes... post #5
I am REALLY lazy, so is this going to take more than 10 mins or should I plan on spending a few hours doing this.....
I SHOULD TAKE COOP AT A BIKE SHOP.......

E

evanc

Im done with Brakes... post #6
Depends how mechanically talented you are. I personally can put a bike together from scratch in under 15 minutes. Some people it can take 2-3 hours.

New Topics