im crap!

• Discuss im crap! in the Park and Vert forum in area BMX-Forum Community; i really am crap at bmx, i dunno why me and my friend started bmxing at the same time and its been almost a year and we do both the same tricks... ...
ColourOfMoney

ColourOfMoney

im crap! post #1
i really am crap at bmx,

i dunno why me and my friend started bmxing at the same time and its been almost a year and we do both the same tricks and crap but i always suck at it!

i dont know why?????

im like the crappest at my local skatepark :(:(:(

and its not that i am a pussy and dont try anything,because whenever my friend learns something we always try and do it and yeah.

kheridr

kheridr

im crap! post #2
ye i know the feeling im like that too

gradytroop

gradytroop

im crap! post #3
Don't be so hard on yourself mate, I know how you feel sometimes.
But its just important to have fun with it, just take it as it comes and enjoy it.
Riding with someone is always good, maybe try setting yourself some goals of tricks and stuff, for like the day, week etc. stuff that you would like to get down.
Also, remember that you are always improving when you're on your bike even if you don't realise, so just stay positive and it'll pay off for you.

M

marks86

im crap! post #4
practice more

Fey

Fey

im crap! post #5
What kind of stuff can you do?
I'm the worst bmxer at my skatepark, but there are only like 3/4 regulars.

TimeIsMoney

TimeIsMoney

im crap! post #6
I'm in the same boat as you ColourOfMoney , But I do what gradytroop said to do I set myself a task for the day I am at the park and I practise it. Practise makes perfect trust me 2 weeks ago I was having serious trouble clearing a spine without footplanting it then going but now I clear it with no worries or trouble what so ever. Keep at it don't give up

TheAzMyster

TheAzMyster

im crap! post #7
dont worry everybody sucks at something
i know that probly duznt help but its sorta true

and im probly the shittest at my local sp too but thats only cuz i dont try anything

R

RyanLikesBmx

im crap! post #8
dude, keep at it...my mates are always liker yeah i suck...and they wouldnt drop off a 3 ft ledge like a month ago, now theyre like ohh i suck...ill say "yeah but you dropped that ledge...you couldnt do that before...thats improvement..." and theyll say "yeah but thats easy". point is that evryone will progress if you practice enough...even if you dont notice it.
maybe just try easy stuff like, what you can already do i dno...but tailwhips and hop 3's arent good starting tricks lol...

Pyropro

Pyropro

im crap! post #9
Even if you do suck, ask yourself: Are you having FUN?? That's the important part. Have fun riding with your friends, the rest will come eventually. If you make riding like WORK, it won't be fun anymore.

sixdegrees

sixdegrees

im crap! post #10
Maybe you're a bit like me.... I can't do the tricks my riding buddies do; I suck at turndowns, took me 5+ years to get tables flat and Fufanus took a long time as well.

So, I gave trying what they were doing, figured I was meant for different tricks, so I'm pretty hot at manuals, crank-flips, pegs stuff, gaps, etc.

I know that there seesm to be a 'set' of tricks that are hot right now; 180s over stuff, bars, whips and FJ variations but hey if you can't do tjem try other stuff cos 'other' tricks will give you the skills and confidence to learn more..... plus, like everyone says if you're out riding, hanging out and having fun then so what, its all good.

I'll be happy so long as I can do taps, manuals, FJs and airs, everything else is the icing on the cake for me these days!

:)

Jake Eats Cake

Jake Eats Cake

im crap! post #11
the thing about this sport is.. that to get good you have to practice practice practice and have alot of commitment .. and you should never forgot that - because skill on a bike doesnt come over night (unfortunatley) you spend money on broken parts. run the risk of broken bones. practice out in the cold, and rain. yet at the end of the day thats what its all about. just have fun and never get down or depressed because of other people and never let them put you down. remember everyone was a begginer once, scotty cranmer had to learn to bunnyhop curbs before he could learn to front flip whip.

Levimoody

Levimoody

im crap! post #12
Maybe instead of saying how much you suck at bmx you could be out there practicing...? Its tough love man... i mean jus keep practicing, every chance you get...

Chaosbiker

Chaosbiker

im crap! post #13
I am just like you. I barely get to practice so i dont learn things very fast, but each time i do practice i always get better because i dont care how good i am, i just do it for the fun of it. So just get out there and practice and you will soon nail those tricks down.

C

CAM1

im crap! post #14
Just keep at it, even pros (of course) start out at the base level. But I will say that everyone has limits, in that you can ride all you want but you'll never catch up to some of the top guys or else you'd be in their spots. The other half of it is knowing how to advertise yourself to sponsors and be an asset to them.

As a side note, I used to ride with Scotty C when he was still TRYING to learn whips and 360 barspins!
Everyone starts somewhare... keep at it.

T

turndown101

im crap! post #15
two options:
1. practice practice practice..
2. quit..

Bojangles

Bojangles

im crap! post #16
dont compare yourselfs to other riders. thats one of the worst things you can do. just have fun with your friend(s) and practise.

T

TheBOFH

im crap! post #17
Riding is a journey, not a destination, if you beat yourself up about the tricks you're not able to do then you won't enjoy what you can do. Relax and have fun. I started riding again after an 18 year break & can't do anything & I feel slightly ridiculous every time I ride but I enjoy it anyway.

New Topics