Ideas??

• Discuss Ideas?? in the Hey I'm new - Introduce Yourself forum in area BMX-Forum Community; Hey Im from Moose Jaw, Saskatchewan, Canada. A little shit hole city that has only about six riders and a whole bunch of skaters. We have one of the... ...
I

Ikon

Ideas?? post #1
Hey Im from Moose Jaw, Saskatchewan, Canada. A little shit hole city that has only about six riders and a whole bunch of skaters. We have one of the worst parks there is! It is a joke!!! the ramps are made of concrete but the bottom is made of ashphalt. So most of the ramps are sinking into the ashpalt and creating the surface of the ramp to be lower than the ashalt. Lots of the ashpalt has cracked from water getting in and then it freezing so the city dug the cracks out bigger then slapped roofing tar in the cracks!? None of the ramps go to any vert at all and now the concrete is cracking.There is a huge field all around the park and they wont even build us one new ramp. We have tryed multiple times to make petitions for a new park but the city just says "the old one is good enough". We have also tryed opening an indoor but it always gets shut down. What else can we do? If you have any ideas please tell me because everyone here has run out of ideas.

mack_turtle

mack_turtle

Ideas?? post #2
some of these ideas might help: http://www.bmx-forum.com/showthread.php?t=108637

the most important thing is to state your case professionally. make it a SAFETY issue. they will listen to that. if you tell them that the ramps are not safe (which is true!) and that someone is going to get hurt as a result and sue the city, they might listen. get lots of mature older folks on your side- teachers, parents, youth pastors, etc.

M

Marcus Poopy

Ideas?? post #3
some of these ideas might help: http://www.bmx-forum.com/showthread.php?t=108637

the most important thing is to state your case professionally. make it a SAFETY issue. they will listen to that. if you tell them that the ramps are not safe (which is true!) and that someone is going to get hurt as a result and sue the city, they might listen. get lots of mature older folks on your side- teachers, parents, youth pastors, etc.
thast the most legit idea ever

New Topics