Ideas For Dirt Jumps

• Discuss Ideas For Dirt Jumps in the General BMX Forum forum in area BMX-Forum Community; hey does anyone have any ideas how i can make a really good dirt jump? ...
  • Tags dirt jump
Bladerboi2k4

Bladerboi2k4

Ideas For Dirt Jumps post #1
hey does anyone have any ideas how i can make a really good dirt jump?

F

flyintomato

Ideas For Dirt Jumps post #2
just make the lip much steeper than would seem appropriate, almost vertical. make the landing much wider and at less of an angle. be sure to leave enough runway that you can make the jump bigger and bigger as you progress. it takes a long time to build a decent jump, your gonna want as many people helping as possible, and a wheelbarrow is very useful.

Clutch

Clutch

Ideas For Dirt Jumps post #3
Bladerboi2k4 said:
hey does anyone have any ideas how i can make a really good dirt jump?
Good Dirt....

O

orangebeast91489

Ideas For Dirt Jumps post #4
use shovels

S

stolen_rider

Ideas For Dirt Jumps post #5
build it out of pure dirt with no rubish and other crap underneath it, and make sure you get the dirt from somewhere out of the way of your jumps

@

@:::BMXdevil:::@

Ideas For Dirt Jumps post #6
T

Trimix

Ideas For Dirt Jumps post #7
I live in Florida. I tried to build one out of S A N D.... :wall:

D

Deliciouspeed

Ideas For Dirt Jumps post #8
Build a dirt bowl.

I

infantry43RIDER

Ideas For Dirt Jumps post #9
aww that didn't work!

damnit...i was working on that too...

O

orangebeast91489

Ideas For Dirt Jumps post #10
why not stick blocks underneath, just make sure they wont move ever

el nombre

el nombre

Ideas For Dirt Jumps post #11
orangebeast91489 said:
use shovels
I find spades work better but that might be because the clay at our trails is too hard for shovels. Other tools, broom/rake, watering can, pick axe coz they're fun and possibly a saw for chopping roots and branches.
Try and find some decent clay and when you've built it hammer the crap out of it until it doesn't squish anymore. No logs inside, they rot and make the jump subside. Nice steep lips with wide landings and curved bowls so they flow real nice. Don't bother with table tops unless you really want to because they take too long. Happy digging!

Bladerboi2k4

Bladerboi2k4

Ideas For Dirt Jumps post #12
well, how high would you say is a good height for a ramp? and what about the landing ramp. and how much of a gap?

New Topics