I Need To Know Something About My Cranks And Chain Wheel!!!

• Discuss I Need To Know Something About My Cranks And Chain Wheel!!! in the General BMX Forum forum in area BMX-Forum Community; Ok, I was just on the Dans comp website and it says that the Profile SS cranks that I already have ordered are only compatible with Profile... ...
  • Tags bike cranks
S

Skid

I Need To Know Something About My Cranks And Chain Wheel!!! post #1
Ok, I was just on the Dans comp website and it says that the Profile SS cranks that I already have ordered are only compatible with Profile chainwheels, I still have the stock Mongoose Logo cutout wheel that came on my 2001 Fuzzy, and I don't think I can afford a new chainwheel yet. I was wondering if it's true what the site says, will my new cranks fit that chainwheel?

E

evanc

I Need To Know Something About My Cranks And Chain Wheel!!! post #2
Yeah, but you might need to file/grind/drill out the sprocket hole to fit on the spindle.

A

anti-flag

I Need To Know Something About My Cranks And Chain Wheel!!! post #3
o man that sucks

S

Skid

I Need To Know Something About My Cranks And Chain Wheel!!! post #4
I don't care what it takes I am getting those cranks on my bike... New chainwheel or not. $400 CAN for Titanium SS cranks, they ARE going on my fu*king bike!

E

evanc

I Need To Know Something About My Cranks And Chain Wheel!!! post #5
I'm sorry, but that was wasted money. Ti spokes suck, horribly.

S

Skid

I Need To Know Something About My Cranks And Chain Wheel!!! post #6
evanc said:
Whats wrong with the Titanium upgrade?

E

evanc

I Need To Know Something About My Cranks And Chain Wheel!!! post #7
The physical properties of ti make it about the worst choice for spokes. If you're a racer, then go for it.

I

infantry43RIDER

I Need To Know Something About My Cranks And Chain Wheel!!! post #8
should have just got the regular profiles man...then you wouldn't have to worry about getting a different sprocket...although you should.

S

sr71racer

I Need To Know Something About My Cranks And Chain Wheel!!! post #9
instead of posting on here asking if it will work, y didnt you attempt to put them on your bike and see for yourself, and that was kind of a waste of money, cuz for $400 can. (i dont know how much that is in america), you couldve bought the regular profiles and any chainwheel you wanted

S

Skid

I Need To Know Something About My Cranks And Chain Wheel!!! post #10
sr71racer said:
instead of posting on here asking if it will work, y didnt you attempt to put them on your bike and see for yourself, and that was kind of a waste of money, cuz for $400 can. (i dont know how much that is in america), you couldve bought the regular profiles and any chainwheel you wanted
Well I couldn't test it because they are being ordered, and they aren't in till like wednesday. And also, I just didn't really want to spend more on a chainwheel as well, but I probably will now anyway, cause I got more on my student loan then I thought (LoL). But I need a suggestion, what is better, SS Blackjack with Porkchop, or SS Flywheel with bashguard?

H

headhunter555

I Need To Know Something About My Cranks And Chain Wheel!!! post #11
evanc said:
thats funny... i dont recall anyone saying anything about TI spokes... did anyone else see anyone say anything about TI spokes? didnt think so.

H

HaRdCoReStrEEtZ

I Need To Know Something About My Cranks And Chain Wheel!!! post #12
oooooo came at u....early

S

Skid

I Need To Know Something About My Cranks And Chain Wheel!!! post #13
evanc said:
Yeah, but you might need to file/grind/drill out the sprocket hole to fit on the spindle.
So is that the only potential thing that I would have to get done for it to fit? Or would there possibly be anything else?

E

evanc

I Need To Know Something About My Cranks And Chain Wheel!!! post #14
Nope, that's it.

New Topics