I Need Suggestions SOON! Ordering Tonight!

• Discuss I Need Suggestions SOON! Ordering Tonight! in the BMX Bike Tech forum in area BMX-Forum Community; Hey guys, I just sold my old rear wheel(stock Fit Hub laced to a Alienation black sheep rim) for $75, and I need opinions for a new rear wheel and... ...
TheBigTuna14

TheBigTuna14

I Need Suggestions SOON! Ordering Tonight! post #1
Hey guys,

I just sold my old rear wheel(stock Fit Hub laced to a Alienation black sheep rim) for $75, and I need opinions for a new rear wheel and front wheel. i will be ordering tonight. This is my bike...

I already have a Chrome Oddysey Midway rim for the rear wheel. I am getting white hubs and a white rim in front. I got some questions though...

1. I was thinking a white Oddysey Hazard Cassette Hub in White or a Demolition Annorexia Cassette in white, Which would be best?

2. What color spokes would look good? Red, White, or Red and White laced in together like this...

I would do the same spoke design on each wheel.

3. What length of spokes do I need?

4. Also what set up would be good for a front wheel(Looking for color suggestions and brands/models. Not buying this yet, just planning ahead for when my old one sells.)?

Thanks in advance,
-Zach

A

AustinKO

I Need Suggestions SOON! Ordering Tonight! post #2
for ure bike i say red spokes..

E RaK

E RaK

I Need Suggestions SOON! Ordering Tonight! post #3
I would go with solid red spokes on the hazard cassette

heres a spoke length calculator
http://www.thehousebmx.com/Spoke.html

I would suggest the Premium fron wheel with the red rim and black hub

TheBigTuna14

TheBigTuna14

I Need Suggestions SOON! Ordering Tonight! post #4
alright, any other suggestions?

iwantaninertia

iwantaninertia

I Need Suggestions SOON! Ordering Tonight! post #5
Front:

New version Alienation freecoaster in Black, then get red nipples and black primo spokes along with a red 7KA if you can get them in red???

S

screwglue

I Need Suggestions SOON! Ordering Tonight! post #6
I've heard about anorexia's being fairly weak. Lot's of people swear by hazard cassettes though. The new ones most definitely seem solid.

I used to really dig colored spokes. One time I wanted a new wheel setup and I got some blue primo spokes for one side of the wheel and some stainless steel DT Swiss spokes on the other side. When I laced up the primo spokes, which I did in a very sketchy manner a good amount of the paint peeled off. So now I just prefer a good set of stainless steel spokes and keeping the color on the hubs and wheels.

T

turndown101

I Need Suggestions SOON! Ordering Tonight! post #7
red spokes

my name is joe

my name is joe

I Need Suggestions SOON! Ordering Tonight! post #8
Go with the odyssey unless you're more open to more wheels. Why are you ordering so soon? Save up and get a better wheel.

mack_turtle

mack_turtle

I Need Suggestions SOON! Ordering Tonight! post #9
if you want a freecoaster, get a Nankai. don't waste your time with that KHE/Federal/Alienation junk.

for a cassette, i would go with an Odyssey or a Primo Mix.

my name is joe

my name is joe

I Need Suggestions SOON! Ordering Tonight! post #10
dont nankais only come in 3/8? or am i out of date

agfracing

agfracing

I Need Suggestions SOON! Ordering Tonight! post #11
i vote for the demolition anorexia or bulemia or whatever. I ride one on the back and ive never had to true and it the black chrome is fine no flakes dings or anything. Its suped strong. One of my friends backflip to manualed My bike and looped out and pretty much slaammed the wheel twice and its held up.

New Topics