i need spineing help.

• Discuss i need spineing help. in the Park and Vert forum in area BMX-Forum Community; so I've been riding for 5 or 6 weeks now. And I really wanna do the spine, but for some reason, it just scares me when i look at it. everyone says... ...
Bojangles

Bojangles

i need spineing help. post #1
so I've been riding for 5 or 6 weeks now. And I really wanna do the spine, but for some reason, it just scares me when i look at it.

everyone says just ride at it and dip your bars in when your going down.
but i have a feeling that wont work out.

cheers guys

T

TrevorH

i need spineing help. post #2
just ride at it and dip your bars when you do it.

A

AlexB

i need spineing help. post #3
Learn on a small one.
We've got a few alright ones.

Their one in the local town, which is a medium height I guess, one in another local-town, which is a bit smaller, another one in a village which is like 1.5 foot high and theirs Wokings which is just scary IMO.

BMXJunkie12

BMXJunkie12

i need spineing help. post #4
The motion for going over a spine is really hard to explain (or at least for me it is :lol: ) You want to approach the spine with just enough speed to get over it and clear it without worrying about casing it but not so much to where you might panic in the air. But you just sort of want to go up the spine and hit the lip at an angle (and you can keep straightening out as you become more comfortable with hitting it) and kinda motowhip and avoid going just straight over it as this will result in a very harsh landing and possibly a flat tyre or two. Once your at your peak in the air, you want to start straightening out and shifting your wait towards the spine and dipping your bars so that they will make contact with the spine and you don't land flat. What I realized when I was first learning how to spine was that if you land front wheel first, you'll have a much smoother transfer as opposed to when you try to land both tyres at the same time. Thats about all the help I have but if I think of any more tips I'll be sure to post them...good luck :)

Bojangles

Bojangles

i need spineing help. post #5
The motion for going over a spine is really hard to explain (or at least for me it is :lol: ) You want to approach the spine with just enough speed to get over it and clear it without worrying about casing it but not so much to where you might panic in the air. But you just sort of want to go up the spine and hit the lip at an angle (and you can keep straightening out as you become more comfortable with hitting it) and kinda motowhip and avoid going just straight over it as this will result in a very harsh landing and possibly a flat tyre or two. Once your at your peak in the air, you want to start straightening out and shifting your wait towards the spine and dipping your bars so that they will make contact with the spine and you don't land flat. What I realized when I was first learning how to spine was that if you land front wheel first, you'll have a much smoother transfer as opposed to when you try to land both tyres at the same time. Thats about all the help I have but if I think of any more tips I'll be sure to post them...good luck :)
thanks bud, im goin to the skatepark tomorrow, so i'll give you a holla if i had any trouble's with it or not.

K

Kirbs

i need spineing help. post #6
Just try it man. If you don't try you don't learn.

A

AlexB

i need spineing help. post #7
The way my friend learnt (He took a video), is the first time his back wheel never-left the ramp, so he could get used to the bar-motion, then the second just aired it. He didn't die from it. 4-5 foot spine.

T

turndown101

i need spineing help. post #8
i shit my self wenevr my mates told me to hav a go so i never did..until i just went for it and it was a bit sketchy but i done it..
just pull uip a little and then point ur bars down..1st time u dont even need to lift up ur back wheel

agfracing

agfracing

i need spineing help. post #9
First time monster truck it. I just left my back tire down the whole time and let it ride the coping then nose dived a little. Also ive seen kids learn by just jumping and landing back tire first and gradually getting better. Also a good way to loop out though.

zzzzzzz

zzzzzzz

i need spineing help. post #10
Is your spine coping to coping, or does it have a little bit of flat surface between the quarters? How high is it? I just started riding a 6' spine. One part is coping to coping, the other has about 2' of flat between the quarters. The one with the flat is easier. If you case it, nothing happens. The best advice I have is to just go for it. You'll probably land flat bottom the first few times, but you won't crash. The best tip I have is keep your weight forward. That way, it's easier to push the front end down on the way in.

Fey

Fey

i need spineing help. post #11

New Topics