i need a new bike!

• Discuss i need a new bike! in the Beginners / New to BMX forum in area BMX-Forum Community; hey, i'm a biginner to freride bmx, but i have been doing dirt jumping for a while and i need a new bike. a friend sugested a DK. what i want ot now... ...
  • Tags bike bikes bmx diamondback bike ride bmx
W

William

i need a new bike! post #1
hey,
i'm a biginner to freride bmx, but i have been doing dirt jumping for a while and i need a new bike. a friend sugested a DK. what i want ot now is what makes a DK beter than a Haro, a Hoffman, or a Free Agent? also why does every one dislike Dk's General Lee's so much?

S

slappyslapnuts

i need a new bike! post #2
new general lee = shit , haro = good but people moan cos its not rider owned ur best bet is a 250 quid dk 4 pack specced out to the max for the price and since dk been going for ever you know its gonna be atleast tryed and tested

W

William

i need a new bike! post #3
whats the difference between the 4 pack, and the other bikes: the 6 pack and the 8 pack?

S

Steven Tarise

i need a new bike! post #4
The four pack is the top of the range of the three, and the eight is the bottom (guess which I got :( ) and the higher the level, the lighter the bike is. Also, the higher the level of bike, the better quality of parts on the bike, and I think more 4130 cromoly is used on the better bikes.

And I've heard that DKs really take a battering, especially when you first start out. I've had no problems with mine so far.

W

William

i need a new bike! post #5
what about Diamondback bikes? are they even worth looking at?

I

infantry43RIDER

i need a new bike! post #6
in my opinion...no.
but you are just a beginner correct...anything would do...except i suggest getting a real decent bike because you will want it to last...that is...if you hang around.

W

William

i need a new bike! post #7
thanks for the help, i bought a bike today! its a Diamondback Orion, too bad its too snowy to ride.

I

infantry43RIDER

i need a new bike! post #8
i have never heard of that bike...but good luck riding man!
hope that it holds up and stuff.

M

Mr_Shrapnel

i need a new bike! post #9
FREERIDE BMX?!!!!!! WHAT THE HELL?

you should not have bought a diamondback

W

William

i need a new bike! post #10
why shouldn't i have bought it? it looks and feeels good, plus it has a life time warrenty on the frame.

I

infantry43RIDER

i need a new bike! post #11
alright then.
if you are happy with your bike...just get out and ride it...and hope that it holds up to everything that you might do to it.

S

slappyslapnuts

i need a new bike! post #12
urgh the bike you bought is like bottom of the range man

P

projitter

i need a new bike! post #13
i would of said gt a haro :!: i jus baught a 2004 haro mirra 540 and its such a smooth ride and a real gd price for the parts on it.... i would of recomended lookin on www.winstanleysbmx.com there prices are really gd for bikes u made the wrong decision wid buying a dimondback. but if u like it its down 2 u wat u want 2 ride

W

William

i need a new bike! post #14
meh,
heard some bad things about haros so i decided to stay away because i was unshure about them, also ther only haros in ontario seem to be the f2's and the f3's, which look cheep, my diamondback is the top of the diamondback line, so it should be good. plus i like its reall short frame becasue i am not that tall so it fits.

New Topics