i nearly got 180's still can only get bout 130

• Discuss i nearly got 180's still can only get bout 130 in the Reviews, Howtos & Tech-Articles forum in area BMX-Forum Community; Ive been tryin to do 180's pretty much since i started riding (a month ago or so). yesterday i got my best of about 130. cant get past that though... ...
Bojangles

Bojangles

i nearly got 180's still can only get bout 130 post #1
Ive been tryin to do 180's pretty much since i started riding (a month ago or so).
yesterday i got my best of about 130. cant get past that though.
im getting feelings im gonna be stuck with 90-130's.
i twist my head, shoulders and hips.
and im doing them outa mini quater (bout 9ft (3m)).
would doing them outa a bowl be easier? i tried from bowl but they dont feel good.

cheers guys

F

fed tom

i nearly got 180's still can only get bout 130 post #2
go higher, spin harder/faster/more.

youll get there with practice, as you said you just got your furthest, keeping at it will make that more and more.

eastpak

eastpak

i nearly got 180's still can only get bout 130 post #3
ive only now started getting them consistantly after 2 months of trying.
just keep practicing, try tucking with your knees for a bit of extra height and just throw yourself round as much as you can and spot your landing .

maybe try them off a curb or something?

M

mbers

i nearly got 180's still can only get bout 130 post #4
i can only do 90's :( :(

chrome bmx

chrome bmx

i nearly got 180's still can only get bout 130 post #5
A small sloping bank works wonders

D

DavoRidesBikes

i nearly got 180's still can only get bout 130 post #6
agreed ^^

manualking

manualking

i nearly got 180's still can only get bout 130 post #7
pull your handle bars up more iv been riding a month to i can dyou 180 now just cant fakie rollback yet.

Y

YahooNotSerious

i nearly got 180's still can only get bout 130 post #8
Ride your bike more before trying tricks. If you can't 180 out of a ramp I would suggest it's because you're too tense on the bike. Your body needs to learn when to be relaxed and when to be tense. The key with spinning tricks is how you hit the tranny, it's near impossible to spin in the air if you're not already spinning when you leave the ramp.

B

BMXBOII

i nearly got 180's still can only get bout 130 post #9
i agree with "chrome BMX" thats were i learned to 180 n about 1 month

Levimoody

Levimoody

i nearly got 180's still can only get bout 130 post #10
Ive been tryin to do 180's pretty much since i started riding (a month ago or so).
yesterday i got my best of about 130. cant get past that though.
im getting feelings im gonna be stuck with 90-130's.
i twist my head, shoulders and hips.
and im doing them outa mini quater (bout 9ft (3m)).
would doing them outa a bowl be easier? i tried from bowl but they dont feel good.

cheers guys
Ok, if your doing it out of a quarter thats 9ft you might want to move to a bank or box. A 9ft quarter is not a mini.

i can only do 90's :( :(
Keep practicing. Push yourself.

R

Rikity

i nearly got 180's still can only get bout 130 post #11
180's are one of those tricks that take like a month to learn but then once you figure them out you can get them every time, just keep trying them, youll figure them out

jimbodeeni

jimbodeeni

i nearly got 180's still can only get bout 130 post #12
J

JonMack

i nearly got 180's still can only get bout 130 post #13
Off the top of my head, after doing shit loads of them yesterday...

Preload - wind your body up the opposite way
Carve - start to turn your bars the way you wanna spin
Lean back - lean back and start to pull the front end up
Turn - at this point you should start turning your head and body the way you wanna spin
Hop - pull your legs up and tuck them up, this will help maximise your spin
Tuck - tuck the legs up
Spot - keep looking over your shoulder and spot your landing
Prepare to land - untuck your legs and stay leant back, ready to absorb the landing
Land - as you land compress your legs, sucking up the landing, as the front drops, let your arms compress and take the hit

The fakie is the fun part ;)

Speed is useful, also if you're doing them flat, look at the floor and spot your take off, will find it so much easier to pop the front up if you know where you wanna take off from.

I found if you do them as a normal rolling pace (2 or 3 crank strokes) you can get the spin easier, if you do them realllly slow (1/4 of a stroke) you can do them high, and if you do them flat out, the fakie is a killer :p I've been practising them fast and slow, so I can get them dialled nomatter what.

L

Lay

i nearly got 180's still can only get bout 130 post #14
Off the top of my head, after doing shit loads of them yesterday...

Preload - wind your body up the opposite way
Carve - start to turn your bars the way you wanna spin
Lean back - lean back and start to pull the front end up
Turn - at this point you should start turning your head and body the way you wanna spin
Hop - pull your legs up and tuck them up, this will help maximise your spin
Tuck - tuck the legs up
Spot - keep looking over your shoulder and spot your landing
Prepare to land - untuck your legs and stay leant back, ready to absorb the landing
Land - as you land compress your legs, sucking up the landing, as the front drops, let your arms compress and take the hit

The fakie is the fun part ;)

Speed is useful, also if you're doing them flat, look at the floor and spot your take off, will find it so much easier to pop the front up if you know where you wanna take off from.

I found if you do them as a normal rolling pace (2 or 3 crank strokes) you can get the spin easier, if you do them realllly slow (1/4 of a stroke) you can do them high, and if you do them flat out, the fakie is a killer :p I've been practising them fast and slow, so I can get them dialled nomatter what.
Fakies are not fun T_T. :( I still can't get them. and the sad thing is, is that I can 180 and it's pretty dialled.

Penn kalgh

Penn kalgh

i nearly got 180's still can only get bout 130 post #15
Fakies are not fun T_T. :( I still can't get them. and the sad thing is, is that I can 180 and it's pretty dialled.
Fakies take time man, just keep trying.

L

Lay

i nearly got 180's still can only get bout 130 post #16
Fakies take time man, just keep trying.
Time? Fakies, don't take three months to learn. I honestly ride fakie FINE. the getting out part is very odd.
@ thread starter: Try carving more or spinning your body more.

Last edited:
F

finlizzy

i nearly got 180's still can only get bout 130 post #17
well for a start a nine foot quarter is fairly big and just turn your shoulders, and just commit.

New Topics