I love how old stuff gets popular 2-3 years later.

• Discuss I love how old stuff gets popular 2-3 years later. in the The Music Lounge forum in area BMX-Forum Community - more stuff; I'm taking about stuff like Gym class heros Head automatica and other bands like this I remember listening all this bands back in like the fall... ...
ridecleveland

ridecleveland

I love how old stuff gets popular 2-3 years later. post #1
I'm taking about stuff like
Gym class heros
Head automatica
and other bands like this

I remember listening all this bands back in like the fall of 2004, and now everyones all over there nuts. I dunno I just hate when ppl are like have you heard this song its so great.. Its like yeah this is like 2 years old. Some times even older..

Dicuss.

H

haynesn12

I love how old stuff gets popular 2-3 years later. post #2
yea that does seem to happen alot with me... i love having a cd and calling the next single to come off from it. i'm right like 90% of the time

N

nutsgeezer

I love how old stuff gets popular 2-3 years later. post #3
Not really in america, but over here The Libertines got huuuuge about 1-2 years after they disbanded. Now there's loads of copycat bands around.

Sick Boy

Sick Boy

I love how old stuff gets popular 2-3 years later. post #4
Head Automatica was popular?

ridecleveland

ridecleveland

I love how old stuff gets popular 2-3 years later. post #5
Sick Boy

Sick Boy

I love how old stuff gets popular 2-3 years later. post #6
I'm serious. I don't listen to the radio.

Wildbill

Wildbill

I love how old stuff gets popular 2-3 years later. post #7
Yeah, i heard head automaticas demo album almost a year before it was officially released. I than got the final album when it came out. I liked it but the newer stuff doesn't get my attention. Never thought they got too popular.

Chris

Chris

I love how old stuff gets popular 2-3 years later. post #8
well to be honest all those bands you listed are s**t.

Last edited by a moderator:
thatotherguy84

thatotherguy84

I love how old stuff gets popular 2-3 years later. post #9
Haha how about when you have been listening to an artist for a while and then all of a sudden they pop up in a riding videos. Happened to me with fitlife, I have been listening to the sword for a while, also happened to me with Challenger and Metric.

ridecleveland

ridecleveland

I love how old stuff gets popular 2-3 years later. post #10
ridecleveland

ridecleveland

I love how old stuff gets popular 2-3 years later. post #11
shawn1

shawn1

I love how old stuff gets popular 2-3 years later. post #12
i liked glass jaw more than i did Head Automatica

Chris

Chris

I love how old stuff gets popular 2-3 years later. post #13
Haha how about when you have been listening to an artist for a while and then all of a sudden they pop up in a riding videos. Happened to me with fitlife, I have been listening to the sword for a while, also happened to me with Challenger and Metric.
i heard the sword on mtv2's 120 minutes Winter wolves, the video was kinda boring but i liked the sound. was nice to hear them on fitlife.

O

oldstreetthrasher

I love how old stuff gets popular 2-3 years later. post #14
Head Automatica had a couple good songs that I heard - Tip your Hooker and Brooklyn Is Burning, but the rest was utter trash. Typical frickin' sell outs. "Let's make our music more palatable so it sells albums!" Ever heard of artistic integrity?

ridecleveland

ridecleveland

I love how old stuff gets popular 2-3 years later. post #15
Head Automatica had a couple good songs that I heard - Tip your Hooker and Brooklyn Is Burning, but the rest was utter trash. Typical frickin' sell outs. "Let's make our music more palatable so it sells albums!" Ever heard of artistic integrity?
The music bussiness isn't about how good you are.... It's all about how much you can sell your self, inorder to make any money.

N

nutsgeezer

I love how old stuff gets popular 2-3 years later. post #16
which is why my chemical romance are doing well.

Wombles

Wombles

I love how old stuff gets popular 2-3 years later. post #17
i got told that avenged sevenfold, atreyu, the used and other bands were old as and ive only just started listenin to em

S

samking181

I love how old stuff gets popular 2-3 years later. post #18
^^^ They are lol. Ive had them for ages. But theyre friggen awesome

I also hate it when the like half chav half emo ... (if youve seen them around) few of my so called "mates" are. Well you know the song by gym class heroes .. Cupids Chokehold, well they come up to me and are like you heard this song yet ? And i'm like yeh its old like heard it ages ago, and then theyll be like no ... its only just come out when it hasnt lol. then they start an argument when ive had the album for ages. Then they start saying theyve found the song. Gaaahh it annoys me lol.

Jamess

Jamess

I love how old stuff gets popular 2-3 years later. post #19
haha its like enter shikari in the uk
like they're local so me and mates were seeing them/playing with them years ago.
then all of a sudden a few weeks ago my year 8 cousin asks me "hey have you heard of this great new band enter shikari"
haha and i cant stand listening to them now

it annoys me but i dont know why

N

nutsgeezer

I love how old stuff gets popular 2-3 years later. post #20
That kind of thing happened to me. I was watching Mumm-ra 5 years ago and no one had heard of them. Then all of a sudden they're on the nme awards tour.

New Topics