I love BMX!

• Discuss I love BMX! in the General BMX Forum forum in area BMX-Forum Community; I just want to say that the last 7 months of riding have been one of the best times of my life......and UNLIKE some of you who have buds to ride... ...
  • Tags bike bmx flatland
T

Trimix

I love BMX! post #1
I just want to say that the last 7 months of riding have been one of the best times of my life......and UNLIKE some of you who have buds to ride with....I don't show up at the skatepark and find other people my age there, so it is different for me. Once in a while I meet someone almost 40, but they don't stay long :) Mostly, I have 15-18 year old guys pulling wallrides, tailwhips, 360's and all kind of stuff around me, so I get to watch some good S and learn from it. Good immersion in the sport.

I have done lot's of extreme sports, but this is a sport that you cannot "fake it" until you "make it"....some sports have that. BMX is; "you can either ride or you can't," and 3 minutes of watching someone will tell you if they can. There is no faking it here. If you want to learn a hard trick, you HAVE to go learn it. The progression is JUST slow enough on a bike, that lot's of people give up.....but if you ride enough, you can JUUUUUST see your progression....I like that :) You get what you put into it. BMX could be analogized to life......you put in 10 units of effort, in the beginning, you get back 1 unit of return.......but as you progress it swings the other way.....and at some point you get to where you can put in 1 unit of effort, and get 10 units of return........anyway.......blah blah blah

It's funny, sometimes there are "dads" or "moms" that sit and watch their kids ride. I am always struck by this, as they are usually overweight, out of shape, and think I am an idiot. What they don't know, is that I am getting paid while I am riding.....bet THEIR not.

Without the BMX forum, I would not have the cultural contact that I have with riding. Does this make sense? So, I appreciate you guys. Thanks for putting up with me.

(Trimix, feeling the love while downloading illegal MP3's) 8O

@

@:::BMXdevil:::@

I love BMX! post #2
hahaha :)

F

federal_rider12

I love BMX! post #3
yeah i know, but you want to know somehting funny.... if i lay of bmx for a while because of weather or something is wrong with my bike and i skateboard when i go back to my bike im motivated to pull of things i was afraid of looking at before. i mean i have a garage by my house and it has a tiny grass mound to land on and ride off and its not very high but before i was like geese i dont think i want to do that, just like many others things ive been trying lately, and just as soon as i can get some good weather and someone to take pics of it im doing it no hesitating. also i have found a gap at a park not far from my home that i just noticed while looking at the website over view of it that i want to do, but the hard part is that on one side of the quarter(small one) is up on a 3ft ledge with cement mounds on top of that so it will be very rough and hard to do it but to the right you will see the gap im looking at its in plain sight

F

FOL

I love BMX! post #4
well not much flatland talk going on here :) but I ride alone as well, but I like riding with others more, jus ttalking with other bteween the riding and shit... and with flatland it sometimes it is hard to see progress, certainly when you are n00b (or it could ber personal :p)

B

bob fat bob

I love BMX! post #5
Ya i hear you man bmx is the best btw nice park you got to ride there federal_rider12 i wish i had something like that around where iam. It takes lot of practice when learning a trick i find it helps if your rideing with buddys and pushing each other to stick the trick. It hella of alot of fun 2

F

federal_rider12

I love BMX! post #6
yeah i finally found that park like 2 months ago and rode it once so far and it sucks for skateboards(which thats all its intended for) i just would love to nail that gap

M

Mr_Shrapnel

I love BMX! post #7
yep bmx is pretty damn rad, and its cool that people your age (no insult intended) still ride, i guess in some ways your a bit of an inspiration to us all i would be stoked if i was still riding when i was 40 (im sure i will!).

B

bones

I love BMX! post #8
yup good points
bmx is for everyone of a variety of ages
but here in england the weather is usually shite and we dont get very many riders and if u are u usually are chased by trendies on mopeds or in cars its no a fair life but its the one we choose lol 8)

B

BMX Man

I love BMX! post #9
Ya BMX is awesome i like skateboardin a little but bmx the most it is just so fun, the only think i hate about it is when you crash it hurts like a mother ****

F

federal_rider12

I love BMX! post #10
i crash too much so i love it now

I

infantry43RIDER

I love BMX! post #11
Trimix said:
I Love BMX!!
well...
i love you.
and im out of the closet...

F

federal_rider12

I love BMX! post #12
8O i think someone needs some fresh air

I

infantry43RIDER

I love BMX! post #13
haha.
maybe...im real bored right now...

F

FOL

I love BMX! post #14
you two can marry in holland... congratulations

I

infantry43RIDER

I love BMX! post #15
hey hey...actually we could marry in many of the US states as well now.

K

kyle

I love BMX! post #16
Trimix, how old are you?

T

Trimix

I love BMX! post #17
Too old for Infantry. LMAO (I knew he would come out one day soon)

38 Kyle..... and to get back on topic of this thread......yesterday, this 15 year old kid I see a lot at one of the parks, has been riding longer than me.....rolls up, asks me "can you do a peg grind".......? I tell him, "once or twice, but still working on being consistent on just peg stalls" He then says "Well, you're learning them today".......LOL and he proceeded to give me some pointers, and by the end of the day I was sliding 10 foot grinds.....I just think it's funny, cuz when he says this I am like......Oooook....role reversal. This was the FIRST instance of someone teaching me something.......age gap thing.

You probably don't understand what I mean..............

fenixbykeco

fenixbykeco

I love BMX! post #18
infantry43RIDER said:
well...
i love you.
and im out of the closet...

Kogi Kraft??????

K

kyle

I love BMX! post #19
Trimix said:
Too old for Infantry. LMAO (I knew he would come out one day soon)

38 Kyle..... and to get back on topic of this thread......yesterday, this 15 year old kid I see a lot at one of the parks, has been riding longer than me.....rolls up, asks me "can you do a peg grind".......? I tell him, "once or twice, but still working on being consistent on just peg stalls" He then says "Well, you're learning them today".......LOL and he proceeded to give me some pointers, and by the end of the day I was sliding 10 foot grinds.....I just think it's funny, cuz when he says this I am like......Oooook....role reversal. This was the FIRST instance of someone teaching me something.......age gap thing.

You probably don't understand what I mean..............
thats awesome.. good job to the kid how was helping you and also good job to yuorself for being that age still out there riding your ride and grinding 10 foot. :D

L

leeuw

I love BMX! post #20
i like skateboarding. and i think it's bullshit progressing takes much more time. ride not a month now but pulling one foot tabletops, no footers, x-downs, even backwheelhops today. al the other stuff with that. learned about 15 tricks in a month. slow progressing? or am i just fast :roll: the difficult thing is kinds of jumps. if you have a nice table behind you're house you'll sure learn no footed cans in 2 days.

ride bmx because bmx is flying, and much more possibilities because of big wheels&tires

New Topics