I just started two days ago.

• Discuss I just started two days ago. in the Flatlanders Country forum in area BMX-Forum Community; Hi guys, I just started flat land two days ago and I am having a hard time just doing simple tricks like the steam roller. I always lose my balance... ...
L

luke949

I just started two days ago. post #1
Hi guys,

I just started flat land two days ago and I am having a hard time just doing simple tricks like the steam roller. I always lose my balance once i come around. Also, I have two bmx bikes. Now, I'm sure they arn't flat land bikes but I am still willing to try it out. I have a 2001 GT Vertigo and a 2001 GT Bump. I am currently riding the GT Bump, but would the Vertigo be a better flat land bike? I just want your guys' advice.

Thanks,
Luke

Irish

Irish

I just started two days ago. post #2
im afraid it won't come to you in anything near two days. you will have to practise for a good while before you start seeing visible improvement. but better balance will come with practise.

L

luke949

I just started two days ago. post #3
yes, im sure its not that easy, but i am determined to practice! in fact, im outside practicing right now haha

Irish

Irish

I just started two days ago. post #4
yes, im sure its not that easy, but i am determined to practice! in fact, im outside practicing right now haha
awwww. rep!

diabeticboy

diabeticboy

I just started two days ago. post #5
lol its cool man it could take anywhere from 2 weeks to 2 yrs to learn some of these tricks
and either bike will do just which ever you want fits your style best is the one you should go for
also maybe you should learn some scuff tricks b4 the steamroller or even the fork glide either one can help you with you balance
i suggest freakasqueeks as the first trick to do.
foot jam then scuff the tire
scuff means to push the tire with you foot either f/w or b/w

L

luke949

I just started two days ago. post #6
lol its cool man it could take anywhere from 2 weeks to 2 yrs to learn some of these tricks
and either bike will do just which ever you want fits your style best is the one you should go for
also maybe you should learn some scuff tricks b4 the steamroller or even the fork glide either one can help you with you balance
i suggest freakasqueeks as the first trick to do.
foot jam then scuff the tire
scuff means to push the tire with you foot either f/w or b/w
ah, freakasqueeks, i'll practice those, thanks for your advice. :)

diabeticboy

diabeticboy

I just started two days ago. post #7
srry man i meant to type in squeeks i was thinking of myself doen freakasqueeks lol
but you can try freakasqueeks to it doesnt matter

Chaosbiker

Chaosbiker

I just started two days ago. post #8
Just keep practicing it you will eventually get there.

TheFasm4

TheFasm4

I just started two days ago. post #9
Dude, i 've started 2 months now and i got a hard time doing some basic tricks...Flatland take practise, practise and.... A ye, PRACTISE! And much love for your bike! 2 bikes=Double Fun xD

J

Jacob1

I just started two days ago. post #10
SO, you're on the computer and biking at the same time? :p

diabeticboy

diabeticboy

I just started two days ago. post #11
laptop:p
or cell phone:p
technology has become so advanced that not everyone has to sit at a 19" lcd flat screen desktop like me lol

L

luke949

I just started two days ago. post #12
yea i was practicing outside my house with a laptop hehe

ViralYouth

ViralYouth

I just started two days ago. post #13
Hey bro welcome to the world of flatland. I can't help you on which bike would be better for you but I can say what everyone else said...Practice...Practice...Practice. I didn't feel like I was getting better until one day I went riding by myself and just pushed it. All I can say is it makes you feel really good when you realize you're getting better. Keep it up and before you know it you'll see improvement.

TommyBoy69

TommyBoy69

I just started two days ago. post #14
Hey bro welcome to the world of flatland. I can't help you on which bike would be better for you but I can say what everyone else said...Practice...Practice...Practice. I didn't feel like I was getting better until one day I went riding by myself and just pushed it. All I can say is it makes you feel really good when you realize you're getting better. Keep it up and before you know it you'll see improvement.
That is very true! I find myself getting better after i have slep on it. For example i was trying my arse off to nail a trick the other day and it just wouldn't work out so, I went home all pissed off and deflated.... Next day had a go and it came to me no problem along with a big :D and a quick check to see if anybody saw it (hey we all do it everybody likes respect).

Keep going buddy it's supposed to be hard or everybody would do it :wink:

-TommyBoy-

diabeticboy

diabeticboy

I just started two days ago. post #15
i find my best sessions when im having a bad week and just do it

T

Trimix

I just started two days ago. post #16
A pro once told me, "sometimes you learn tricks when you're not riding". :hmm:

diabeticboy

diabeticboy

I just started two days ago. post #17
A pro once told me, "sometimes you learn tricks when you're not riding". :hmm:
tri you gotta stop talking to yourself then lol
and i find that true to sometimes its best to sit back and look up tricks and watch others do them. you pick up alot of info like that. also pics and how tos help out alot. thats why this forum has a place specifically for how tos

kkmk

kkmk

I just started two days ago. post #18
its true. if you work on something for a while, leave it for a week then come back your mind has unconcsiously worked on it. Try it. there was a thread about it here somewhere when some kid said he learnt hang nothings.

jonnybrates

jonnybrates

I just started two days ago. post #19
ime 13 and have ben doing flatland for like 6 months and all i can do is foot jam tail wip and almost firehydrant. Also are squeakers hard to do? Like are they wayyy to advanced for me.

My bike is a GT pro performer. Its like 15 years old and really heavy not the greatest lol.

diabeticboy

diabeticboy

I just started two days ago. post #20
lol i to am rocking out on an old heavy bike but trust me its doable;)
and dont get discouraged man its all good just keep on working hard. squeekers are a good trick for you since your working on firehydrants and can do tailwhips. i recomend it as a trick for all begginners since it helps you learn to scuff the tire and also it helps with balance and building off the basic tricks.

New Topics