huffy problem

• Discuss huffy problem in the Beginners / New to BMX forum in area BMX-Forum Community; a year or so ago i bought a huffy bmx bike which was reduced to around £150 and i have always have had a problem with the weight, it weighs a ton, i... ...
  • Tags bike bikes bmx bmx bike huffy bmx parts
U

urflying

huffy problem post #1
a year or so ago i bought a huffy bmx bike which was reduced to around £150 and i have always have had a problem with the weight, it weighs a ton, i also do trials and mountainbiking and it weighs a lot more than other bikes, this is making it hard for me to use and was wondering if it is worth upgrading the frame or is it pointless without upgrading everything else as well, also if buying frame what to look out ofr? and what sort of price? (no more than £150) any help would be great thanks

T

Trimix

huffy problem post #2
urflying said:
a year or so ago i bought a huffy bmx bike which was reduced to around £150 and i have always have had a problem with the weight, it weighs a ton, i also do trials and mountainbiking and it weighs a lot more than other bikes, this is making it hard for me to use and was wondering if it is worth upgrading the frame or is it pointless without upgrading everything else as well, also if buying frame what to look out ofr? and what sort of price? (no more than £150) any help would be great thanks
Wow a 2000 pound bike, I bet it bunnyhops like a bitch.

F

federal_rider12

huffy problem post #3
what kind of huffy is it but i guess you could buy a new frame not too much to look out for just find some frames you like and post them up here also it might be cheaper and better to just upgrade the parts but i would like to know what huffy it is and maybe a picture

U

urflying

huffy problem post #4
it is a huffy mj12 from a couple of years ago dark grey. and i've got pics but don't know how to get them up on message board

F

federal_rider12

huffy problem post #5
an mj12 weighing a bunch? i thought that was one of there lighter completes, but anyways i save all my bmx magazines and catalogs so i just happend to have an old danscomp that has the mj12 and if you havent replaced any of the parts that could be one thing but if your a beginner i should be fine but if you dont have the money to buy all new parts or something check out a new complete like volume, federal, or something thats good and has a full 4130 frame your frame is 4130 main tubes which wouldnt be the whole frame, so if you dont buy a new bike or new parts(like crank, fork, and wheels) your just going to have to stick with yours, yours weighs like the average bike does right about 35lbs

D

dafty

huffy problem post #6
i've got an mj-12 (2004) just last week for my first bmx, it seems pretty leight. I bought it because it was cheap and so that if i didnt like bmxing (obviously not :D) i didnt lose much money :p

el nombre

el nombre

huffy problem post #7
sell it to some idiot and buy a completely new bike

M

MJS

huffy problem post #8
I just got a Huffy Quarter Ton which is about 2 years old but hardly used so I brought it for a low price. It's not my first ever bmx, i had 1 when i was about 7 when i learned bunnyhops but this my first proper bmx since ive got into bmxing :)

I used to just ride about on my m8's Nirve Tempt bmx and when i got the Huffy, it felt very light and i could bunnyhop alot higher on it

T

Tailwhip

huffy problem post #9
huffy

i mus say Huffy are one of the best makes around, they have good craftsmen ship and actually know how to make bikes!!!!

F

federal_rider12

huffy problem post #10
Re: huffy

Tailwhip said:
i mus say Huffy are one of the best makes around, they have good craftsmen ship and actually know how to make bikes!!!!
only the real huffys me and my friends cracked lots of headtubes and bottom brackets on the other huffys

I

infantry43RIDER

huffy problem post #11
what exactly are the "real" huffy's?

bottom line is...huffy dropped there BMX team...i don't support them.

C

Caris

huffy problem post #12
no point in just upgradijng the frame, it save a you a pound max which isnt a lot on its own, few tips i can offer,

Front brake off
gyro off replaced with a long slic cable
and things like mudguards or lights bring off,
and if your looking for a frame, fly diablo £220
and we the people thrillsekker £150

Caris 8)

F

federal_rider12

huffy problem post #13
the mj-12 doesnt have a front brake nore a gyro. and it doesnt have mud guards and unless it was bought at a shop would not have reflectors. and he told me that he was going to just stick with it and not upgrade it. it will just be better and cheaper to buy another complete that has a full 4130 frame and some nice parts then upgrade from there unless its got really good parts on it

D

dafty

huffy problem post #14
my mj-12 has a gyro and frount brake............. im special.

New Topics