hub problems

• Discuss hub problems in the BMX Bike Tech forum in area BMX-Forum Community; I just bought a priom mix cassette hub with an 8t driver last month and when I ride it squeaks I took the wheel off it doesn't squeak any more I can't... ...
lost4real777

lost4real777

hub problems post #1
I just bought a priom mix cassette hub with an 8t driver last month and when I ride it squeaks I took the wheel off it doesn't squeak any more I can't find anything rubbing on anything else but maybe someone else has had this problem help me pleeese

Q

Quen

hub problems post #2
lube 'er up! check to see if it's rubbing on something on the frame or it might be your chain or you might have blown a bering or something.

Pickles

Pickles

hub problems post #3
lube your chain buddy

lost4real777

lost4real777

hub problems post #4
I have a new chain and it squeaks even when I'm not pedaling and it doesn't rub on anything if I pick the bike up and spin the wheel and no squeak it only happens when theres pressure on the wheel because when I manual it gets louder

JoeyWinkle

JoeyWinkle

hub problems post #5
If its new it could just be the bearings settling and bedding in? i don't know though.

Jak94

Jak94

hub problems post #6
Grease your chain ?

lost4real777

lost4real777

hub problems post #7
I hope so thanks! otherwise this is an absouletely awesome hub so far but I only got it in september

mmm fit bikes

mmm fit bikes

hub problems post #8
its the tiny little bearing under the teeth of the driver
take it out and put grease all over it

johnuk

johnuk

hub problems post #9
AOL went on a mong out mission last night when I tried to reply at 2am

Flip the bike over, put the wheel on and see if it's squeeking when you turn the cranks by hand.

If it is, undo the rear axle bolts a very small amount, try again. Continue doing this - I assume the squeek disappears when the wheel isn't fitted, so it should stop at some point as you loosen. Are the wheels sliding around in the dropouts at this point? If not, you may just be over tightening the bolts.

Check where the driver meets with it's pawl & rachet mechanism for a rubber O-ring. Get some grease on a finger and wipe it over the seal.

New Topics