how wide should i build my jumps?

• Discuss how wide should i build my jumps? in the Dirt Jumping forum in area BMX-Forum Community; everytime i build dirt jumps they are really wide at the bottom and short at the top. i dont really understand it,but they all end up like this. so... ...
drtysthrdr

drtysthrdr

how wide should i build my jumps? post #1
everytime i build dirt jumps they are really wide at the bottom and short at the top.
i dont really understand it,but they all end up like this. so help!

Last edited:
Mankind210

Mankind210

how wide should i build my jumps? post #2
you need to make a bigger base for the lip and as you build it up make sure you put dirt on the sides and keep packing sown the top so it stays wide and flat to put more dirt on.

J

JaredBmx

how wide should i build my jumps? post #3
Put dirt on the sides towards the top.
Problem solved

ktm125rider

ktm125rider

how wide should i build my jumps? post #4
do what they said put more dirt at the top and if it dosnt stay then use some water and pack it hard. if your dirt is sandy it is gona be really hard to get it right.

Mankind210

Mankind210

how wide should i build my jumps? post #5
ya just make sure its as thick and wide as you can get. dont wory about getting it shaped and skinny till later

bmxinspired

bmxinspired

how wide should i build my jumps? post #6
i do this too, its quite annoying

drtysthrdr

drtysthrdr

how wide should i build my jumps? post #7
thx guys. im rebuilding my jumps AGAIN. just incase you didnt know

ktm125rider

ktm125rider

how wide should i build my jumps? post #8
post up some pics when you done or if you have any more qustions

H

Hermes

how wide should i build my jumps? post #9
just keep packing and throughing

V

VancouverKEN

how wide should i build my jumps? post #10
Just keep packing dirt on the sides near the top. You really dont kneed to pack the dirt when your building trails as much as everyone says. Just build em in the winter. If it doesnt rain much were you're from then it's gonna be a little harder for you. When i build trails I tend to focus more on packing the sides and the back of the lip/landing. The front just focus on keeping it's shape(like keep the tranny shaped ya know?) Build it up about a foot taller than you want it, it will all pack down on it's own when it get's rained on. Then you can shape em the way you want and that extra foot will be gone. Oh and it's a good idea to tear out small trees and bushes and stuff were your jumps are. Use the shrubbery to shape your berms and then pack your dirt ontop of that. Maybe I was just tought a really unique and weird way, but that's how we build trails up here and they turn out perfect so try it out. God I love the Northwest! It's so easy to build up here!

Alarock

Alarock

how wide should i build my jumps? post #11
Just keep packing dirt on the sides near the top. You really dont kneed to pack the dirt when your building trails as much as everyone says. Just build em in the winter. If it doesnt rain much were you're from then it's gonna be a little harder for you. When i build trails I tend to focus more on packing the sides and the back of the lip/landing. The front just focus on keeping it's shape(like keep the tranny shaped ya know?) Build it up about a foot taller than you want it, it will all pack down on it's own when it get's rained on. Then you can shape em the way you want and that extra foot will be gone. Oh and it's a good idea to tear out small trees and bushes and stuff were your jumps are. Use the shrubbery to shape your berms and then pack your dirt ontop of that. Maybe I was just tought a really unique and weird way, but that's how we build trails up here and they turn out perfect so try it out. God I love the Northwest! It's so easy to build up here!
northwest? like oregon? i live in sherwood and we dont have shit... i have been working on some jumps but it takes FOREVER...

L

LordBanks

how wide should i build my jumps? post #12
sprinkle your jumps in concrete dust, that makes them hard (not like concrete!), works well if you build in a wet/sandy area.

Stephen G

Stephen G

how wide should i build my jumps? post #13
Make them as big as you have space for, for ultra transfers.

New Topics