How to switch to left side drive

• Discuss How to switch to left side drive in the BMX Bike Tech forum in area BMX-Forum Community; Right now, my bike is set-up as a right side drive, but I want to switch to left side drive. I know that my crank arms are interchangeable, but what... ...
P

pdxbmx

How to switch to left side drive post #1
Right now, my bike is set-up as a right side drive, but I want to switch to left side drive. I know that my crank arms are interchangeable, but what do I do for a freewheel. I don't have a flip flop hub eiither. Any suggestions on how to switch from right side to left side drive would really be helpful. Thanks.

C

cav89

How to switch to left side drive post #2
Well, from my knowledge, you buy a LSD freewheel!!!

I think you then swap it with the spacers on your current hub(the left side) and put the spacers on the right hand side(where the RSD freewheel was....)

not toooo sure bout this tho.....but i think thats how its done

M

Mr_Shrapnel

How to switch to left side drive post #3
my understanding is that you have to have a hub with a left side thread eg a flip flop or a hub with a left hand side thread and a lhd freewheel, or a lhd cassette. you should also make sure that the frame is left hand drive compatable, cos not all frames are.

F

federal_rider12

How to switch to left side drive post #4
well if your hub isnt threaded on the left side then youd have to buy a new hub, but if it is threaded then just go buy an acs southpaw freewheel

New Topics