how to ship a bike

• Discuss how to ship a bike in the General BMX Forum forum in area BMX-Forum Community; I a thinking about selling my bike and am wondering how to ship it. Do I just have to find a box big enough? If there a place where I could find... ...
Coldow91

Coldow91

how to ship a bike post #1
I a thinking about selling my bike and am wondering how to ship it. Do I just have to find a box big enough? If there a place where I could find something like this?
thanks

bike ryder

bike ryder

how to ship a bike post #2
take it apart.. you wont need a really big box. and postal shipping charges by the weight i believe

Dick Nixon

Dick Nixon

how to ship a bike post #3
uhhhh, holla at your lbs and see if they have a bike box?

tonysgt

tonysgt

how to ship a bike post #4
Yeah take the pedals,handlebars,and front wheel off and then you won't need that big of a box

AmericanFear

AmericanFear

how to ship a bike post #5
ive had to ship bikes twice.
both times i just went to my lbs and asked them if i could have a box from a 20" bike. they gave me one and i disassembled the bike completly and wrapped each piece in bubble wrap then put it in the box, took it to fedex and sent it out.

Dick Nixon

Dick Nixon

how to ship a bike post #6
are you selling just to sell or getting out?

I

imayeti

how to ship a bike post #7
1. go to a bike shop, get a bike box.
2. Take off pedals, front wheel, bars. Slam seat.
3. Wrap everything up really well. Bubble wrap, news paper ect.
4. No air in either wheel, but bike in box, slide your wheel onto your non-drive side crank arm.
5. Make sure nothing is going to move around, ect.
6. Tape close and make sure you get insurance on what ever your shipping. UPS USPS does not treat items well.

New Topics