How to remove a broken pedal?and rim

• Discuss How to remove a broken pedal?and rim in the BMX Bike Tech forum in area BMX-Forum Community; the other night i was riding along and doing wallrides and i came down really odd and i snapped off me primo pedal, problem is that it all snapped off... ...
  • Tags street
F

FT rider

How to remove a broken pedal?and rim post #1
the other night i was riding along and doing wallrides and i came down really odd and i snapped off me primo pedal, problem is that it all snapped off apart from the bit actually in the crank arm so there arent any bits sticking out for me to get a hold of to remove it, any ideas of how i can get it out, and i dont want to screw me primo cranks up.

And also i need a new front wheel and ive decided on a primo pro front hub, but i want a cheapish rim for the front im kinda hard on my back wheels and they always need truing every night (damn supra E) any way do u reckon as i never have to true my front wheel and like i have never broked a front wheel, it would be ok to get the alex mx22?i can get it for only £10?will it be ok and is 48h back and 36h front wheels ok for street?

F

FT rider

How to remove a broken pedal?and rim post #2
o yeh and i ride basically only street

I

infantry43RIDER

How to remove a broken pedal?and rim post #3
i have no idea what you are going to do with that pedal.

but as for the rim...i used to ride a Alex MX22 in front and rear and they both held up real nice for a while.
if you don't want to pay a lot it is a nice rim for the money.
and 36h for the front is fine for street...a lot of riders ride 36 spokes in the front...is it going to be a 3/8 or 14mm axle?...3/8 is fine for street too...just as long as you aren't super hard on the axle.

F

FT rider

How to remove a broken pedal?and rim post #4
how long is a while? im riding 10mm coz i dont need any bigger to be honest i rode 14mm for a while and diecided i didnt need it so....... but yeh im sooooooo pissed of bout that pedal, do u reckon i could send it bakc to primo?as it is their pedal and do u reckon theyd send a new crank arm or somat?

I

infantry43RIDER

How to remove a broken pedal?and rim post #5
it held up for a good hard year...would have been more but i just gave it to a friend when i purchased my hula.

F

federal_rider12

How to remove a broken pedal?and rim post #6
you have 3 things you can do

1-drill the spindle out as close as you can to the threads of the crank and then chip out the rest

2-drill a hole into the spindle and go to a hardware store to buy a tool that can bite into that hole and twist it out(a tool sorta like the strip out tool which digs into a stripped screwdriver head, allen head, torx, etc.)

3-cut a thin ridge into the spindle that goes kinda deep(very easy if you have a dremel tool and have a cutting wheel) and get a big flat head screwdriver and start to twist it out

New Topics