How to make good dirt jumps?

• Discuss How to make good dirt jumps? in the General BMX Forum forum in area BMX-Forum Community; I normally ride street and I want to get into dirt jumping, someone give me some tips on how to build it up good and how to judge the distance of the... ...
  • Tags dirt jump
S

Skid

How to make good dirt jumps? post #1
I normally ride street and I want to get into dirt jumping, someone give me some tips on how to build it up good and how to judge the distance of the landing ramp.

E

evanc

How to make good dirt jumps? post #2
Get a shovel, dig some dirt, and make a jump. Oh, and pack it down.

I

infantry43RIDER

How to make good dirt jumps? post #3
yes that sums it up.

if you don't want to dig...then you need a base like an old diswasher or something

R

Rippin92RS

How to make good dirt jumps? post #4
As for judging the landing ramp:

Obviously you'll have to consider the AOE (angle of elevation). If you're jump goes almost straight up, you can't have the landing 7 feet away. If you're not going too big (over 4ft), it won't hurt to just jump it once, maybe twice, and have someone tell you where you're landing. Good luck!

-Rippin

H

hartattack_199

How to make good dirt jumps? post #5
hahahaha, evan tells it like it is.......... water it down to pack it too...... or rent a bob cat, Make a Pile of dirt, and carve out a Jump

R

rage2k3

How to make good dirt jumps? post #6
hartattack_199 said:
hahahaha, evan tells it like it is.......... water it down to pack it too...... or rent a bob cat, Make a Pile of dirt, and carve out a Jump
Very true, water is very importaint. The other day at teh local trails we met up with some hardtailers. They brought a garbage can that was filled with water all the way from the top of the hill. It was funny they spilled it everywhere before they got to the jumps. Funny shit.

A

anti-flag

How to make good dirt jumps? post #7
ya you need to pack it down good and water is really helpfull for this if you can get it there.

H

hartattack_199

How to make good dirt jumps? post #8
Word for Judging the distance - If you hit it, and don't quite clear it, Go a little faster next time

E

Erin

How to make good dirt jumps? post #9
water

okay I have a question about the water... are you suppose to soak all the dirt in it or just pour some water over the top?

Poseidon

Poseidon

How to make good dirt jumps? post #10
Re: water

Erin said:
okay I have a question about the water... are you suppose to make mud or pour some water over the top?

H

hartattack_199

How to make good dirt jumps? post #11
Not so its mud, just so its sprinkled with a good watering, or, do it before it rains!! then u can be lazy!

E

Erin

How to make good dirt jumps? post #12
hartattack_199 said:
Not so its mud, just so its sprinkled with a good watering, or, do it before it rains!! then u can be lazy!
haha thanks

O

oibmxpunx

How to make good dirt jumps? post #13
dirt

H

hartattack_199

How to make good dirt jumps? post #14
Oibmx, why do you post useless crap?

E

Erin

How to make good dirt jumps? post #15
Revelation

partical board is awesome on jumps especially if you didn't pack down the dirt good enough of just don't feel like putting water on it.

Story:
a few weeks ago my neighbor covered a rock with dirt and called it a ramp. well, yesterday me and my lil bro were riding it and decided it's too small so we got out our shovel, covered it with the sandy dirt that occupies the lot. and made it like 3 times bigger, I let my little bro jump it first and he jumped it, but it kinda messed up the ramp. so I got my art board from last year (which is just a foot and a half by 2' of particle board with paint on it) and just layed it over the jump and it worked so awesomely. Just thought I'd share this with everyone. Particle board is amazing!

H

hartattack_199

How to make good dirt jumps? post #16
haha thats sweet erin

E

Erin

How to make good dirt jumps? post #17

E

evanc

How to make good dirt jumps? post #18
Re: Revelation

Erin said:
partical board is awesome on jumps especially if you didn't pack down the dirt good enough of just don't feel like putting water on it.
Yeah, until it rains and the particle board disintegrates. Well, then it would pack the dirt down anyway...nevermind. Good idea.

E

Erin

How to make good dirt jumps? post #19
thanks...

It never rains around here though so i kinda doubt that would happen

E

evanc

How to make good dirt jumps? post #20
Where do you live? Oh, and hit me up with your AIM name

New Topics