how to make a good dirt jump by youreself

• Discuss how to make a good dirt jump by youreself in the General BMX Forum forum in area BMX-Forum Community; well in the region i live there aren't any parks for mbx and if there are there pretty far. so me and my friends wanted to make a dirt jump by ourself... ...
  • Tags dirt jump
M

madbull

how to make a good dirt jump by youreself post #1
well in the region i live there aren't any parks for mbx and if there are there pretty far. so me and my friends wanted to make a dirt jump by ourself. but we don't realy know how to make ik good and nice curved.
we're beginners but we have no fear of doing dangerous things on jumps but first we have to have one but plz don't tell things ma a mountain of 3 meters high because that's to high to begin
thanks

C

casperh

how to make a good dirt jump by youreself post #2
arnt there any other topics of this already? just make it at a good angle and put mos erop, want dan is het ook van humus en dat is best wel sterk oke dan :p

M

Mr_Shrapnel

how to make a good dirt jump by youreself post #3
well its not too hard really, just get a couple of spades, a fork (too lossen up the ground), and make sure that the ground is of the right consistency eg, wet, but not so wet that it sticks to your spade, but not too dry that it al crumbles apart.

step one: dig a whole load of soil

step two: mound it up.

three: make the rough jump/lip shape, eg curved upwards, but just enough angle on it so it shoots you forward and up.

four: (this is very important) compact the dirt really well, so the jump if nice and solid.

five: make the landing. this should pretty much be the same as the jump, but at a less steep gradient.

its pretty simple stuff, just look at a few dirt jump pictures, and when you come to do it, im sure you wont have any problems.

oh and what the hell is mbx?

E

EPMD

how to make a good dirt jump by youreself post #4
probably a typo

S

slappyslapnuts

how to make a good dirt jump by youreself post #5
Step one::: get dirt
Step two: Jump up and down on it
Conclusion: you just dirt jumped

F

federal_rider12

how to make a good dirt jump by youreself post #6
yeah it is easy find the area to build the jumps get shovels and other items to help out then build them up and build them like a launch ramp not a wedge and also you dont build a jump then land flat you have to build a landing which works when the jumps are at least 3ft tall at least! but dirt jumps dont take a rocket scientist to build

C

casperh

how to make a good dirt jump by youreself post #7
make something which fits yourself!

New Topics