how high is your J-hop?

• Discuss how high is your J-hop? in the General BMX Forum forum in area BMX-Forum Community; I have been told my J-hop is huge but i dunno i have never seen me doing one lol but i measured how high i can j-hop(by stacking differnt items and... ...
  • Tags disaster jump
B

bob fat bob

how high is your J-hop? post #1
I have been told my J-hop is huge but i dunno i have never seen me doing one lol but i measured how high i can j-hop(by stacking differnt items and j-hop over them)and my record was 34.3 ince how good is that?? whats your highest j-hop?

T

Trimix

how high is your J-hop? post #2
That is pretty HUGE for bob FAT bob. Seriously, three feet is pretty damn high. I would have my eye on picnic tables at your point.

barrog

barrog

how high is your J-hop? post #3
whats a j - hop

B

bob fat bob

how high is your J-hop? post #4
I always bunny hop on benches and manual off and pull a bar spin or something. you think i could do a picnic table? I can almost get into the back of a truck. A j hop is a bunny hop just done a differnt way i beleive.

F

federal_rider12

how high is your J-hop? post #5
its a bunnyhop i dont know why people call it otherwise. but mine varies if im just bunnyhopping it be like 2-2 1/2ft and if im trying to get onto something i can usually get higher then that. i almost disastered a 3 1/2ft tall cement highway divider and it was in the grass and had a bit of a dip in front of it so it made it harder since i dont bunnyhop very well in grass and it was soggy too

B

bob fat bob

how high is your J-hop? post #6
3 and a half feet i wanna take lessons from you thats nuts.to bad the ground wasnt cement or hard or something.

F

federal_rider12

how high is your J-hop? post #7
ok to clarify things a bunnyhop is when you pick up the front tire then the back. if you pick up your bike all at once i have no clue what that is called me and my friends call it a frog hop but we never do that anymore we did when we couldnt bunnyhop

B

bob fat bob

how high is your J-hop? post #8
You mean bring your front up then make the back tire jump off the ground then level out your front end to clear what ever?

F

federal_rider12

how high is your J-hop? post #9
i set my mind to doing it and no one thought of it before and they had a small dirt mound in front of another one they were double pegging and next to that one was one they didnt mess with so i was like im going to disaster that one and i missed by like 1-2in i was pissed i wish i had a board to place over the grass

F

federal_rider12

how high is your J-hop? post #10
bob fat bob said:
You mean bring your front up then make the back tire jump off the ground then level out your front end to clear what ever?
yup

B

bob fat bob

how high is your J-hop? post #11
O ok i see what you mean hmm that could probably add almost a foot to a good bunny-hop wow thanks a ton i gotta try it my next ride. That sucks that you didnt stick that disaster but sounds like you came close to it nice job

F

federal_rider12

how high is your J-hop? post #12
oh yeah im trying it again whenever i go over there if the thing is still there

I

infantry43RIDER

how high is your J-hop? post #13
i can't j-hop.
someone explain the basics to me...

F

federal_rider12

how high is your J-hop? post #14
ok so then he calls picking the bike straight up a j-hop, well its simple pick the bike up all at once. its what i use to do when i couldnt bunnyhop. so just pick up the bike and jump all at the same time, dont pick up the front then back pick it up all at once

I

infantry43RIDER

how high is your J-hop? post #15
ghaha...YES someone explained it.
no...i was just joking around.

F

federal_rider12

how high is your J-hop? post #16
you played me as a fool :cry: how dare you. hahaha, i hated picking the bike up all at once. i remember i tired stalling on a bench back when thats all i could do and well i didnt have a clue how to stall on anything and well i got under the ledge picked up and my pegs hit the underside of ledge and once so the bike was yanked out of my hands and i fell :lol: pretty funny

I

infantry43RIDER

how high is your J-hop? post #17
federal_rider12 said:
you played me as a fool :cry:
no big deal. 8)

F

federal_rider12

how high is your J-hop? post #18
hahaha im bored i need to ride, not suppose to rain wednesday so maybe ill get my chance

F

FOL

how high is your J-hop? post #19
I bunnyhop like 1 feet...a bit higher...not really practised it, because I didn't really need it, but now I god damn need to learn how to bhop 2 feet higher

T

Trimix

how high is your J-hop? post #20
Bunnyhopping explained:
OK, this is my take on it.

1) Yanking the bike straight up in the air, both tires off the ground at the same time, and both landing at the same time is the classic "bunnyhop". This is usually the FIRST hop someone learns, but will not take you much over a foot. Laws of physics just won't let you get it any higher than that. There may be some grey area here.....but you won't get much higher than a foot, doing it that way.
2) Once you progress, you will learn to bunnyhop like a horse bucks (for lack of a better description) wherein you will PULL your front end up first, and while that is riding high, yank the back wheel off the ground by pushing your weight forward, and using your SHOES on the pedals to push back and pull up at the same time. This kind of hop will get you in the 24"-30" range. It is actually two tricks molded into one.......a FULL FRONT PULL, and an ENDO. Put these two together in one fluid motion and you have what people are calling a J-hop, probably also a Pro Hop :roll:
3) # 2 is where I am at currently. I can hop 18" without thinking, and after a few tries can be consistent with 24". I have pulled a FEW 30". If you want to be hopping some 3 feet or even more, I have been told that you have to learn to add and "extra" small "hop" off the back tire. Sooooo, you would execute #2.....and RIGHT as you start to pull the BACK wheel off the ground.....you compress the tire slightly and get a BOUNCE out of it. There is another step in it in other words. I have watched people do this......but can't figure it out yet.

Whew.....what a bunch of BS huh?

New Topics