how hard is it to do a 180

• Discuss how hard is it to do a 180 in the Street Riding forum in area BMX-Forum Community; how hard is it to do a bunnyhop 180??? i wanna try it but idk if im bunnyhopping high enough so i can make the 180 turn. Could someone post a link or... ...
BreakOut

BreakOut

how hard is it to do a 180 post #1
how hard is it to do a bunnyhop 180??? i wanna try it but idk if im bunnyhopping high enough so i can make the 180 turn. Could someone post a link or steps on how to do a bunnyhop 180?? Thanks

S

Snake Lizard

how hard is it to do a 180 post #2
Just use the ****ing search or open your eyes and use your brain. There are at least 3 Threads with people looking for help on 180 bunnyhops and the answers are ALWAYS the same.
Carve before you hop, spin your head, try to bite your shoulder, land it, pedal back, turn around, PRACTISE!!

archer

archer

how hard is it to do a 180 post #3
^he is right!!!
Its not hard, you just got to practice! And you don't have to hop very high, just practice and you will feel when you are ready :)

U

UNIVERSALBMX502

how hard is it to do a 180 post #4
well its real hard to learn them i can get the 180 rotation now i just got to ride out of it and ill be good. just practice and u will get them.

JamesPromIII

JamesPromIII

how hard is it to do a 180 post #5
it took me awhile to get the rotation of them but now I have it dialed just working on the fakie out

rect won

rect won

how hard is it to do a 180 post #6
im tired of posting 180m help but iight..just go ride and dont feel bad if it take u awhile if u dont get it

Minitrix

Minitrix

how hard is it to do a 180 post #7
I will construct the following guides, including two ways to do 180 bunnyhops to fakie.

Type 1: Normal.
Step 1: Go at a comfortable speed.
Step 2: Carve into your 180.
Step 3: Bring up the back tire and sort of throw your body to the side you rotate to before you bring up your back tire.
Step 4: Kick up your back end and turn your bars the opposite of the way you're going to pivot out.
Step 5: Backpedal until you feel comfortable enough to pedal forward and pull up.
Step 6: Pedal forward and pull up. Set down the tire when your 180 degrees from when you landed.

Type 2: Video
Step 1: Go at a somewhat fast speed.
Step 2: Carve very little into your 180.
Step 3: Pull up your front and torque your body as much as you can towards your 180.
Step 4: In the air, tuck up your bike as much as you can, and straighten your bars.
Step 5: Land, and start back pedaling.
Step 6: Keep backpedaling.
Step 7: Still keep backpedaling.
Step 8: Still backpedal.
Step 9: Turn your bars and when you get about 45 degrees around, pull up your front tire and hop.

JamesPromIII

JamesPromIII

how hard is it to do a 180 post #8
^ Only problem i'm having is keeping my one foot on the pedal, do I have to duct tape it or something?

rect won

rect won

how hard is it to do a 180 post #9
^ Only problem i'm having is keeping my one foot on the pedal, do I have to duct tape it or something?
naa i had da same problem wit my 180s..just take thigs slow.just mess around with it..ur foot is coming off cuzz u r a lil scared.get over it and land it.u will get in time

DanielRobinson

DanielRobinson

how hard is it to do a 180 post #10
lol when i was doing a 180 in the subway my mate cycled up on my right and i snapped his brake lever clean off lol....

He lost his stradle cable anyway so DW

moes

moes

how hard is it to do a 180 post #11
^he is right!!!
Its not hard, you just got to practice! And you don't have to hop very high, just practice and you will feel when you are ready :)
haha yeah.

BreakOut

BreakOut

how hard is it to do a 180 post #12
thanks to all that helped im gonna go outside and practice for awhile.

S

stewart

how hard is it to do a 180 post #13
dont duck tape your foot you will regret when your on the floor

B

Biking2112

how hard is it to do a 180 post #14
dont duck tape your foot you will regret when your on the floor
to continue that sentence: ...floor unable to get back up in need of an ambulance.

kyleBMX

kyleBMX

how hard is it to do a 180 post #15
You just have to commit to the 180 if ur foot keeps coming off

StandardRidr250s

StandardRidr250s

how hard is it to do a 180 post #16
i have to agree there is alot of how to 180 threads. guarenteed there never gonna stop. thats 1 of the first things a new person to bmx on the forum wants to kno. jus try bunny hoppin and whippin ur body around. if u go somewhere ur ready.

L

livin2sk805

how hard is it to do a 180 post #17
naa i had da same problem wit my 180s..just take thigs slow.just mess around with it..ur foot is coming off cuzz u r a lil scared.get over it and land it.u will get in time
not true, what pedles you got. i have some plastic compostite ones and my left foot slips off cause theres no grip from feebling sooo much

R

Robf781

how hard is it to do a 180 post #18
Just been out practicing and I can manage 180's again no problem. Not got much room where I was practicing to spin it back around but I was landing fakie no problem and rolling back quite a bit without falling or taking my feet off so I reckon I've got it back again. Just need to do it off a ledge or a jumpbox now.

Had a go at getting it further round and can manage about 270 from a straight hop going quite slow. Hopefully if I get a bit more speed I'll be able to get 360 nailed as well. Not bad seeing as this is the first time I've got back on my BMX in 8 years and I've only been practicing on my driveway so far.

bmxertroy

bmxertroy

how hard is it to do a 180 post #19
It is very easy. Just practice and you will land one.

New Topics