how does gyro work??

• Discuss how does gyro work?? in the BMX Bike Tech forum in area BMX-Forum Community; can anybody explain me how gyro works?? im real noob ...
  • Tags bmx shop
rait1

rait1

how does gyro work?? post #1
can anybody explain me how gyro works?? im real noob

Sjase

Sjase

how does gyro work?? post #2
rait1 said:
can anybody explain me how gyro works?? im real noob
Just go to a bmx-shop and see it for yourself. When you see the construction you will directly know how it works. I't much harder to explain how it works then seeing it for yourself.

But a picture says more then a thousand words:

This thing goes around the steerer tube and the rear brakecable is split up in two cables that go to the gyro in order to lift it straight. At the lower side of the gyro again two cables come out, they will be joined to one cable and that goes to the rearbrake.

M

Mr_Shrapnel

how does gyro work?? post #3
its *** to explain in text, if you have one just pull your brake and turn the bars, you should see how it works then

W

William

how does gyro work?? post #4
ther isn't enough room on this web site to explain how it works. look at a bike with one. its self explanatory.

C

cav89

how does gyro work?? post #5
Sjase said:
Basically, when you pull your lever the two top caBles pull on the middle plate of the gyro and pull on the two bottom cables, pulling your brakes. its harder to xplain about the way it makes it turn, i think it would take to long......so yer, just go to a shop and take a look or ask...

Clutch

Clutch

how does gyro work?? post #6
That middle plate has bearings in it, and is made up of two pieces... The outer plate/ring is connected to the upper brake cables and the inner is connected to the bottom... Hence the term Gyro:

gyro-
pref.
1. Spinning
2. Circle; spiral

When you pull on your brake lever the upper ring is pulled upwards, as well as pulling the middle ring which is attached to the bottom brake cables... Here's the real magic tho, because there are bearings in between the two plates you are still able to turn the wheel/handle bars whatever in a circular motion because there is nothing restricking the ball bearings from doing so.

rait1

rait1

how does gyro work?? post #7
ok i get it now. Thanks :)

New Topics