How do you do a thruster 180! this 1 is anoying me now

• Discuss How do you do a thruster 180! this 1 is anoying me now in the Beginners / New to BMX forum in area BMX-Forum Community; hey im new to this site, but i wanted to ask if anybody knew how to do a Fakie to thruster 180? its that move where you are rolling backwards then u... ...
  • Tags 180 fakie
E

element

How do you do a thruster 180! this 1 is anoying me now post #1
hey

im new to this site, but i wanted to ask if anybody knew how to do a Fakie to thruster 180? its that move where you are rolling backwards then u slam on the back brakes and turn round, i find it really hard to do and i cant even do it. is there sum sort of technique to it?

please let us know

cheers ~ :)

I

infantry43RIDER

How do you do a thruster 180! this 1 is anoying me now post #2
since i can only imagine you are talking about a rollback because i have never heard thruster...you don't even need to use your brakes for that man actually i dont' think you should...you just are rolling fakie and you just turn your front tire quick and turn around...use pedal power to stop your back wheel.

G

How do you do a thruster 180! this 1 is anoying me now post #3
or flower power

T

Todd

How do you do a thruster 180! this 1 is anoying me now post #4
Using your brakes for this makes it more consistant then pedal power, and just keep pacticing, you start getting the feel for it after a while.

E

evanc

How do you do a thruster 180! this 1 is anoying me now post #5
It's magic.

I

infantry43RIDER

How do you do a thruster 180! this 1 is anoying me now post #6
ha hmm i don't have brakes and i would say im very consistant.

B

BioHazard

How do you do a thruster 180! this 1 is anoying me now post #7
Practice, practice, practice. . .

I'm not good at explaining things, but I'll tell you how I learned. . . the road I live on has a nice little downhill slope, not too steep, but goes on for a little over a mile. . .

I just pulled a 180* in front of my house, the slope of the hill was enough to keep me rolling, which DOES help with your balance IMO, and just kept trying until I got it. . . by the end of the downhill mile. . . I pretty much had it. . . of course, I never mastered it, but that's due to the fact I have trouble riding fakie. . .

Which is embarassing considering I've been riding for 4 years. . . *sigh*

E

EasternBMX

How do you do a thruster 180! this 1 is anoying me now post #8
I had to learn with brakes before i could do it without....make sure you turn the handlebar first before you hit the brake

aren't half-cabs a fakie 180......

X

|x|D|x|

How do you do a thruster 180! this 1 is anoying me now post #9
yea, they are, but i think he is talking bout just pivoting out, i think the easiest way is to do it without a brake

I

infantry43RIDER

How do you do a thruster 180! this 1 is anoying me now post #10
BioHazard said:
Which is embarassing considering I've been riding for 4 years. . . *sigh*
dont' even worry about that man...took me forever to learn to roll fakie decent...but then again i picked up tailwhips and 360's really good...just works that way sometimes.

V

Vic_Vega

How do you do a thruster 180! this 1 is anoying me now post #11
Infantry's right...I STILL can't land fakie. Comes from riding dirt almost exclusively for 3 years. I'm working on it now, though.

New Topics