How do most co's measure the toptube?

• Discuss How do most co's measure the toptube? in the BMX Bike Tech forum in area BMX-Forum Community; I just got a new frame and I usually measure from center of the seattube to to center of headtube. It seems as though it's about 1/4"-1/2" short... ...
B

bicyclewizard

How do most co's measure the toptube? post #1
I just got a new frame and I usually measure from center of the seattube to to center of headtube. It seems as though it's about 1/4"-1/2" short.

Does anyone know if bmx toptubes are measured from center to center or does every company measure differently? Anyone know how KHE measures there tt's?

TOM_L

TOM_L

How do most co's measure the toptube? post #2
All are measured center to center.

guitar4lif3

guitar4lif3

How do most co's measure the toptube? post #3
i think center of headtube to center of seatpost like u said.

B

band aid

How do most co's measure the toptube? post #4
is it the same with rear end lengths? like center of dropout to center of bb?

M

MATRIX

How do most co's measure the toptube? post #5
MOST compines are center to center. BUT, afew are from the outside of the HT to the outside of the ST...they are getting rare now, but they are still around.

Easy way to tell, measure both ways. If the frame is say a 20.5 according to what you ordered...then whatever way you got 20.5 is how that frame was measured.

B

bicyclewizard

How do most co's measure the toptube? post #6
Well, I ordered a 21" KHE Method 2 and it measures 20.5". KHE makes a 20.5 and a 21, so I'm trying to get a hold of our distributor to figure out if they sent me the wrong frame or if this frame runs small.

Thanks for the info everyone.

Minitrix

Minitrix

How do most co's measure the toptube? post #7
My frame is 20.5 and I measured it from the end of the top tube to the front of the head tube and got 20.5

sixdegrees

sixdegrees

How do most co's measure the toptube? post #8
Well, I ordered a 21" KHE Method 2 and it measures 20.5". KHE makes a 20.5 and a 21, so I'm trying to get a hold of our distributor to figure out if they sent me the wrong frame or if this frame runs small.

Thanks for the info everyone.

KHE measure from C-to-C, so if you've got 20.5" then you've got the wrong frame.... don't discuss, don't dilly-dally, just tell them they sent the wrong one and make the replace it covering all your postage costs... and some treats for the inconvenience!!

:)

B

bicyclewizard

How do most co's measure the toptube? post #9
KHE measure from C-to-C, so if you've got 20.5" then you've got the wrong frame.... don't discuss, don't dilly-dally, just tell them they sent the wrong one and make the replace it covering all your postage costs... and some treats for the inconvenience!!

:)
So...I finally got a hold of our distributor today and it turns out all of the KHE Method 2 21" frames were mismarked. So it was actually KHE's fault for mismarking all of the boxes! Now our distributor only has 20.5" frames and won't be getting any 21" for a month.

So, I was a bit hesitant, but I ordered a Black 21" Eastern Grim Reaper. Cutouts aren't very appealing to me, but it was the only other park/dirt frame that I could get in that weight range from our distributor.

I'll have my bike check posted when the frame arrives on Thursday or Friday if anyone is interested.

New Topics