How do I replace the sprocket on a bike with a 1pc. crank?

• Discuss How do I replace the sprocket on a bike with a 1pc. crank? in the BMX Bike Tech forum in area BMX-Forum Community; I just bought an Odyssey crank for my GT Custom and I loosened the nut-washer attached to the crank. But how do I remove the crank. Or did I do... ...
  • Tags bike
S

Schist

How do I replace the sprocket on a bike with a 1pc. crank? post #1
I just bought an Odyssey crank for my GT Custom and I loosened the nut-washer attached to the crank. But how do I remove the crank. Or did I do something wrong? I need help A.S.A.P. Thankyou in advance. P.S., I'm not the biggest bike genious so try not to be too vague.

W

William

How do I replace the sprocket on a bike with a 1pc. crank? post #2
on a one peace crank there hsould bou a nut on the side of the bike oposit the sproket, that looks like a gian screew driver could turn it, you want to loosen both those nuts, so that they fall off, from then just loosen every nut you see attached to your crank. then when your crank is loos remove it by twisting/ pulling from the end with the sproket. to remove the nuts with the cuts in them you can put a screw driver in the cut and hit it with a hamer like a chissle in the direction that loosens it, or you can buy special tools i think that do this.

S

Schist

How do I replace the sprocket on a bike with a 1pc. crank? post #3
Okay cool. Thanks. I'll give it a try... Oh, but another thing, do I have to take off the chain to do this?

E

EPMD

How do I replace the sprocket on a bike with a 1pc. crank? post #4
no you can leave it on but you gotta take your pedals off

W

William

How do I replace the sprocket on a bike with a 1pc. crank? post #6
ya i would take the cahin of so as not to damage it, to take the chain off you want to also take of your bak wheel becasue the cahin is to tens to take of with the wheel on, take off the wheel and then the chain should be loose enough to take off. if you cahin is to tense your chain wrench will break in the chain.

F

federal_rider12

How do I replace the sprocket on a bike with a 1pc. crank? post #7
i need to start writing down things on how to fix things so i can copy and paste them because ive written on this a bunch

New Topics