how do i break the chain without a chainbreaker?(nomasterlink)

• Discuss how do i break the chain without a chainbreaker?(nomasterlink) in the BMX Bike Tech forum in area BMX-Forum Community; there is know master link to break,so.... your help is much appreciated, ...
BMXM0NSTER

BMXM0NSTER

how do i break the chain without a chainbreaker?(nomasterlink) post #1
there is know master link to break,so.... your help is much appreciated,

Levimoody

Levimoody

how do i break the chain without a chainbreaker?(nomasterlink) post #2
Get a clamp, put the chain in it sideways, you can also use vice grips for this. Then get a small phillips head screw driver and very gently use a hammer on it over the pin you want to tap out... my vote is to go spend $5 on a chainbreaker...

L

lildrewmilby

how do i break the chain without a chainbreaker?(nomasterlink) post #3
Get a clamp, put the chain in it sideways, you can also use vice grips for this. Then get a small phillips head screw driver and very gently use a hammer on it over the pin you want to tap out... my vote is to go spend $5 on a chainbreaker...
yea i back that, just go get a chain breaker

BMXM0NSTER

BMXM0NSTER

how do i break the chain without a chainbreaker?(nomasterlink) post #4
ya but all the bikeshops r closed by my house and im goin to the bike park in the morning and i need to fix my chain

R

ridefly

how do i break the chain without a chainbreaker?(nomasterlink) post #5
walmart has them for 3 dollars and if it breaks you can bring it back and get a new one, one of my budds has one and he uses it to break his shadow chain so i know it works

41Connor

41Connor

how do i break the chain without a chainbreaker?(nomasterlink) post #6
Yeah get a breaker for $3 instead of using some cheap method a ruining your chain.

J

JonMack

how do i break the chain without a chainbreaker?(nomasterlink) post #7
Backing the "buy a chain breaker" train of thought. However if you're super stuck get a nail and a hammer, and hammer out the pin by using the nail as a punch.

New Topics