How do i 180?

• Discuss How do i 180? in the Beginners / New to BMX forum in area BMX-Forum Community; how do i 180? can you guys describe in detail or find a vid ...
superman92

superman92

How do i 180? post #1
how do i 180?

can you guys describe in detail or find a vid

JustinCarter

JustinCarter

How do i 180? post #2
You turn you bike 180 degrees.

911freeagentbmx911

911freeagentbmx911

How do i 180? post #3
hees by long ass advice story i will share as how to do it

first get the feeling of even just spinning a little bit but get down the motion of spinning even if its a tiny tiny bit

next find a local skatepark or find a decent bank so it give you a bit more kick when you 180 and also you roll down it instead of having to rollback

get the feeling of the pump and the transition so go up the bank or quarter and go down get comfortable on it

-when you lean to 180 it will feel strange but just when you go up the bank or quarterpipe look at the bottom the whole time so that when you pass it you are looking behind it...this will build muscle memory and trust me it will soon not feel so strange
-soon youll be spinning enough such as like 150 w/e but you will have the spin now you try instad of looking at the bottom now when you hop whip your head to the way you spin or even just look behind you just quickly and you should get enough spin now to 180 cleanly so you go up then come down straight
(if you want to you can carve a bit but try not to carve too much as when you 180 youll only be spinning 90 because you carved the rest)

so now you have the inclined 180 basically it should come totally naturally to 180 on flatground just hop and treat it like a quarter but try to whip your head a bit harder as you dont get the extra pop from the incline

your next task is to learn to rollback my only advice is to just practice i had no idea how to do it and i practiced all winter long(obv not like every day and shit more like once or twice a week) but i practiced every night for 1-2 hours and one day i just rolled back cut my wheel and tapped my brake and i did it

i personally suggest you go back to the quarterpipe or bank to learn rollbacks because its much easier

so now you have the 180 and you have the rollbackso basically go at a good speed not too slow or you wont have momentum to rollout of it....180 then just rollback and pivot or halfcab out(halfcab is a 180 instead of a pivot out of the rollback)

good luck and my only other suggestion could be watch watch watch movies utilise youtube and shit the more you watch the better you get really

superman92

superman92

How do i 180? post #4
thanx dude

D

danielz

How do i 180? post #5
valen when i get to your house ill show you, i can almost do it, i jus got to work on back pedaling.

R

Robf781

How do i 180? post #6
I thought I hd these nailed cause I managed one in my garden the other day but didn't have much room. Was down at the skatepark today and couldn't land a single one, I just can't seem to manage rolling back. I either snag my pedals and have to stop, or I go too far to one side and lose my balance.

youcantmakeme

youcantmakeme

How do i 180? post #7
i find it hard to start rolling back i can get all the way round but cant get into a fakie/rollout

T

Timthekid

How do i 180? post #8
samee way u do on fett just have to bunnehop first

911freeagentbmx911

911freeagentbmx911

How do i 180? post #9
I thought I hd these nailed cause I managed one in my garden the other day but didn't have much room. Was down at the skatepark today and couldn't land a single one, I just can't seem to manage rolling back. I either snag my pedals and have to stop, or I go too far to one side and lose my balance.
like i said go fast not really fast but going faster you have much better balance and even though you might think it would be harder cuz ud think u had to pedal much faster but its not really that true i still rollback like i used to and i never lock up my pedals once(i think thats what you mean by snagging your pedals)

New Topics