How can you guys afford this stuff?

• Discuss How can you guys afford this stuff? in the General BMX Forum forum in area BMX-Forum Community; Just going through some old posts & I notice that a lot of people here have some pretty expensive set ups. Just wondering how you guys can afford this... ...
  • Tags bike bike parts parts
M

Miguel Sanchez

How can you guys afford this stuff? post #1
Just going through some old posts & I notice that a lot of people here have some pretty expensive set ups. Just wondering how you guys can afford this stuff? Obviously those that are old enough to work, save & spend, but there are a lot of people here that are still at school, do your folks pay for this stuff?

X

Xandrak

How can you guys afford this stuff? post #2
i dont have a good setup at all , buti get about 5 bucks a week and my parents help me out a tiny bit, i cant afford anything too expensive
send donations to me, ill give you my address

L

leon_luxton

How can you guys afford this stuff? post #3
parents buy the stuff for ya bithdays,x-mas ect.......save up pocket money,do jobs(paper round,wash cars and suff)and sometimes ya parents just buy you some parts for the sake of it.
leon luxton 8O

T

Trimix

How can you guys afford this stuff? post #4
I pimp out my body for bike parts. j/k

Personally I own two businesses, but I would say younger riders just scrimp, save, trade, etc........

I mean, it's nice to have a quality bike....but it is NOT imperative to riding well. Hell, I have $18K worth of underwater cameras and depth rated housings.....a $320 frame is not much. But it's all relative.

Kind of like.....the hair on my arm is not much, but if it was in your soup it would be a lot.

Huh?

M

Miguel Sanchez

How can you guys afford this stuff? post #5
Trimix said:
IKind of like.....the hair on my arm is not much, but if it was in your soup it would be a lot.

Huh?
Like it, not sure when I can use a saying like that, but funny none the less. Ok, that my question answered, hard graft, saving & pimping your body gets you a top spec bike :D

I

infantry43RIDER

How can you guys afford this stuff? post #6
i pay for it all...i have a job.

V

Vic_Vega

How can you guys afford this stuff? post #7
I have a job, plus I get paid to go to college. "What?" you say! I applied for and recieved enough scholarships to MORE than adequately pay for my tuition. So every quarter I recieve about 1200 dollars American from good ol' Uncle Sam :lol: . The lesson here, kids? Study hard and apply for every scholarship you can, and one day you too can buy bike parts on the governments tab :D .

M

Miguel Sanchez

How can you guys afford this stuff? post #8
Vic_Vega said:
I have a job, plus I get paid to go to college. "What?" you say! I applied for and recieved enough scholarships to MORE than adequately pay for my tuition. So every quarter I recieve about 1200 dollars American from good ol' Uncle Sam :lol: . The lesson here, kids? Study hard and apply for every scholarship you can, and one day you too can buy bike parts on the governments tab :D .
Nice One!! If you did that over here I'd kick your ass as thats my taxes your spending :D But as you are over there, you rule!! :D

V

Vic_Vega

How can you guys afford this stuff? post #9
Miguel Sanchez said:
Vic_Vega said:
Nice One!! If you did that over here I'd kick your ass as thats my taxes your spending :D But as you are over there, you rule!! :D
I'm spending my taxes, too. I have a job. :lol:

M

Miguel Sanchez

How can you guys afford this stuff? post #10
Thats a good point :D

S

sentaafEQpovar

How can you guys afford this stuff? post #11
i have this friend who's mom buys him hella shit, he gets like a new frame every year and hello other parts, i buy his used parts off him, or at least i try to

E

EasternBMX

How can you guys afford this stuff? post #12
I live with my parents and have a part time job...I get about 160 a week it goes to drugs and bike parts becuase i'm that cool

R

ride888

How can you guys afford this stuff? post #13
i mow lawns every week...thats when you mow in the big bucks...$$$$$$$

S

StandardOX

How can you guys afford this stuff? post #14
I eat lots of fiber, and pull benjamins straight out my ass :D

Not really, I just get most of my stuff for X-mas or my birthday.

S

StandardOX

How can you guys afford this stuff? post #15
EasternBMX said:
I live with my parents and have a part time job...I get about 160 a week it goes to dr*gs and bike parts becuase i'm that cool
Losers do drugs, man. Drugs just turn you into a mindless zombie. That's not cool.

I

infantry43RIDER

How can you guys afford this stuff? post #16
StandardOX said:
EasternBMX said:
I live with my parents and have a part time job...I get about 160 a week it goes to dr*gs and bike parts becuase i'm that cool
Losers do dr*gs, man. dr*gs just turn you into a mindless zombie. That's not cool.
yea dude...that money could go somewhere else...not cool.

S

StandardOX

How can you guys afford this stuff? post #17
EasternBMX said:
The feeling that you call "high" or a "buzz" is the feeling of your brain not getting oxygen. Kill your brain. Yeah....real cool.

T

Trimix

How can you guys afford this stuff? post #18
Agree with that.

O

oibmxpunx

How can you guys afford this stuff? post #19
i work at a bike shop full time and i get my stuff at cost i get fit/S&M frames for 200-250 depending on the frame standards ox frames for 250 so i get realy good deals and a pay check every week so thats how i end up with my bikes

L

leon_luxton

How can you guys afford this stuff? post #20
StandardOX said:
EasternBMX said:
Losers do dr*gs, man. dr*gs just turn you into a mindless zombie. That's not cool.
i 100% agree.....drugs SUCK big time...nuttin to be proad of :evil:

New Topics