how big is not big

• Discuss how big is not big in the General BMX Forum forum in area BMX-Forum Community; every one now sems to have big bars people say that if u dont have bars that arent over 28 wide arent consiterd wide i think small bars are good... ...
C

cam rides a bike

how big is not big post #1
every one now sems to have big bars
people say that if u dont have bars that arent over 28 wide
arent consiterd wide
i think small bars are good what do u think

johnuk

johnuk

how big is not big post #2
I think mine are 23", they're Fly Moscas

I love 'em.

Bigger bars can help you with force and speed if you're racing, but only so much - pulling up as you push down with the same side pedal and vice versa. They also weigh more and are harder to squeeze through gaps with when you're messing round

I don't think I'd go any smaller than I have now, it's difficult to fit the grip and brake lever on and you start having to compromise how you like having the lever.

I didn't pay a lot of attention to choosing my bars, but I really like the height and sweep of Moscas - it's a nice blend between straight, low new bars and the big sweep, high bars of the 80's

WRENCHNUT

WRENCHNUT

how big is not big post #3
what ever is comfortable
for the rider really

u dont wanna do a turn bar and
hit ur self tho

or have them to small
low rider style hehe

J

jawn

how big is not big post #4
25" wide suits me. I might experiment with height sometime though.

Jake Eats Cake

Jake Eats Cake

how big is not big post #5
its all about preference ... i prefer barsa around 24" 25"

Fey

Fey

how big is not big post #6
I ride with 24.5s.
That's just a bit wider than my shoulders. Even 26.5s feel ridiculous to me, as I feel like I have no control over the turning. And I can't do any rotation tricks, such as 360s with big bars.

chrome bmx

chrome bmx

how big is not big post #7
26 wide, 8 heigh, fly lunas do it for me.

J

jawn

how big is not big post #8
Fey said:
That's just a bit wider than my shoulders.
That's a good rule of thumb, a fair few people over the years have recommended that.

SnK

SnK

how big is not big post #9
I've got some 25" bars, but i couldn't go any more than 26-27".. I'm gunna cut mine down to 23-24" soon.

Brocknz

Brocknz

how big is not big post #10
i used to run 26" bars. im quite tall 6 ft 1. nd i felt reli squesd in with them and felt weird riden. then i had a go on my mates bike who had sunday triumphs (8 by 28") nd fell en love with em. now im runin my own pair of em nd it feels so much better to ride. had to give up barspins thow =( but other than that. they made rider for me much better.

but its all about preference reli. it doesnt reli matter if ur bars are 23" wide or 32" (reffering to solid rosseanes nd the new s&m superslams)

M

Marcus Poopy

how big is not big post #11
ive been running grandslams (8.25rise 29wide) for almost a year now and i love them, they feel perfect for me (im not the smallest rider) but i think my opinion about this whole small bars vs. big bars thing is kinda biased because i have never had bars that were under 8'' rise, my stock free agent bike that i got when i first started came with 4-piece bars that were 8x28, then i got sunday triumphs, slams, and then grandslams. but whatever your use to,and what feels good for you.

Dr. Lyons

Dr. Lyons

how big is not big post #12
I ride 24" i cant ride ANY bigger. I got the season bars because im tall and there 8' height.

bguminey

bguminey

how big is not big post #13
I ride 7.25 high 24.5 wide they are fit midz I didnt do anything to them just put them on and rode I may get the WTP Lock Stock bars to see how that feels.

alloverdajoint

alloverdajoint

how big is not big post #14
i have 22'' animal piffs.
small bars ftw

A

abdrider

how big is not big post #15
23.5" S and M medium FTW!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

New Topics