hop barspin halp!

• Discuss hop barspin halp! in the BMX Videos forum in area BMX Forum Show-Off; halp me plz kthxbai can only sort of manual barspin? should i raise my seat? (iv slammed it) iv heard this helps but some say you dont need it? any... ...
Bettley1

Bettley1

hop barspin halp! post #2
yo you dont need your seat raised at all! i never bothered when i first learnt them.

when your learnin go pretty slow then do a regular hop. Dont try and get it really high or you wont be able to concentrate on the barspin. as your bike levels out and you can feel yourself starting to come back down to earth throw the bars then! Or whilst your learning dont sling them just follow them round with the hand you use to throw.

Thats it really. They really arent that hard once you get a feel for them!

baadmofo

baadmofo

hop barspin halp! post #3
ar thanks man i was tryin to hop but quite low like u said im jus scared to throw the bars. im sure once im feelin nutty il lgo out n try throwin them on the way back down from a small hop.. thanks dude.

duder

duder

hop barspin halp! post #4
The barspin u r trying is the old school type - where u use ur seat as a lever to pick ur front wheel up and hold it enough to do the barspin in wich case u do need to lift ur seat up so u can pinch it with ur knees - BUT - this is prob the not the best way to learn them as I see u can 180 - SO - u should learn bunny barspin as Bettley1 said - little hop and more barspin :D

Bettley1

Bettley1

hop barspin halp! post #5
ar thanks man i was tryin to hop but quite low like u said im jus scared to throw the bars. im sure once im feelin nutty il lgo out n try throwin them on the way back down from a small hop.. thanks dude.
if your scared whack some shin/knee pads on they help! Make you feel indestructable lol
Oh & dont try them on grass you cant hop very well on grass

B

bmx93

hop barspin halp! post #6
you seem to be going to fast, slow down first and just trying cathing them half way round, do that a few time cause it will give you more confidence and then when you are confident try them throwing the bars the whole way round, when i first learn them i was doing that at a pace where i was barely rolling and i just did a little mon/manuel and trew them round

Justin

Justin

hop barspin halp! post #7
You're spinning the bars on the way up. Spin them on the way down, this allows you to level the bike first. Sounds impossible but it's not. Also, you can leave your seat where it is, pinch it with your knees if you like, but you don't have to.

baadmofo

baadmofo

hop barspin halp! post #8
sweet thanks all

New Topics