Hey Guys, im new to BMX and need a lil help!

• Discuss Hey Guys, im new to BMX and need a lil help! in the Beginners / New to BMX forum in area BMX-Forum Community; Hey guys, im new to the forums, and I will start riding bmx in a couple of weeks when I get a BMX. I just needed some help because im not too good... ...
  • Tags bike bmx flatland gt jump manual street
T

TT_DaN

Hey Guys, im new to BMX and need a lil help! post #1
Hey guys, im new to the forums, and I will start riding bmx in a couple of weeks when I get a BMX.

I just needed some help because im not too good at
all the BMX lingo, and I wanted to pick the right bike for me.

I cant spend allot of money, so the gt 2004 compe , attracted me, because its only $209, and it looks like a good bike. So if its good let me know, and if theres something better please let me know too.

My other problem is: First I want to start just riding to get the feel of it, then start doing some manuals, and EVEENTUALLYY in like a year or so, I would like to jump stairsets and gaps n stuff. So would that be considered freestyle?? street?? Is jumping stairsets without a ramp even possible in BMX? Like people do in sk8boarding.

Thanks for the help in advance, im really desperate.
lol

F

FOL

Hey Guys, im new to BMX and need a lil help! post #2
yeah this sounds like street and yeah jumping off a stair is good possible, even jumping on a stair (if not toooo high of course, some can jump 3 feet). I think you will be jumping and shit much faster than a year, only manualling get's you bored :p As for which bike...I believe casper_h had the gt 2k3 compe...not sure, maybe he'll reply later

B

bones

Hey Guys, im new to BMX and need a lil help! post #3
i got a compe and am completely happy with the bike the small frame makes it lighter and easier to use i reckon personallly :twisted: i have been biking for 4 months and have progressed quite a bit and am only just starting to ride park

T

The Worst

Hey Guys, im new to BMX and need a lil help! post #4
HMmmmmmmmmmmmmm Ill say it again...GIVE FLATLAND A TRY!!!! And you WILL be doing gaps in less than a year....as long as bmx is ur life....I wish I was biking right now.....But ya good luck with it and make sure if youget frustrated not to give up....

F

FOL

Hey Guys, im new to BMX and need a lil help! post #5
The Worst said:
HMmmmmmmmmmmmmm Ill say it again...GIVE FLATLAND A TRY!!!! And you WILL be doing gaps in less than a year....as long as bmx is ur life....I wish I was biking right now.....But ya good luck with it and make sure if youget frustrated not to give up....
no man, don't force people to do flatland :) and you will certainly not learn hitting gaps when doing flatland.

S

sandmriderbmx

Hey Guys, im new to BMX and need a lil help! post #6
ill say it again, flatland is ***, lol, no offense i just think flatland is retarded

F

FOL

Hey Guys, im new to BMX and need a lil help! post #7
sandmriderbmx said:
ill say it again, flatland is g*y, lol, no offense i just think flatland is retarded
and I think you are retarded and g*y... :roll: really man, if you don't like it, fine....IF you are disrespecting it, you are worse, but announcing it when nobody cares is even worse.

T

The Worst

Hey Guys, im new to BMX and need a lil help! post #8
Ya but evertone has to TRY it. I wasnt going to try it but got sick of having to bike 30 mins to get to the park....so one day I was lazy tryed a few flat tricks and been stuck since.

RuLe

RuLe

Hey Guys, im new to BMX and need a lil help! post #9
flatland is fu*kin hard. i mean i give props to guys that do flatland. so myself i think it looks sweet but its not something i really want to waste my time on but i wish i did no at least 1 flatland move thats on the hard / expert level

S

sandmriderbmx

Hey Guys, im new to BMX and need a lil help! post #10
ill admit, it looks hard, ive never tried it, but it looks hard, biut i just really dont like it, again no offense

I

infantry43RIDER

Hey Guys, im new to BMX and need a lil help! post #11
i love watching flatland...its a whole other side to BMX that i don't get to see very much...i find it very interesting.

RuLe

RuLe

Hey Guys, im new to BMX and need a lil help! post #12
i no no body in fresno california that does flatland

I

infantry43RIDER

Hey Guys, im new to BMX and need a lil help! post #13
yea that is what i mean...i have never seen flat in like real life...so when i get the chance to watch it on videos and everything i think its really amazing what those riders can do with a bike.

S

sandmriderbmx

Hey Guys, im new to BMX and need a lil help! post #14
i seen flatland when i lived in cali, i saw a couple of pro guys at a show, it was kinda neat but not somethin i could get into

F

FOL

Hey Guys, im new to BMX and need a lil help! post #15
hey that's possible, no bad feelings at all... no need for bashing it :)

S

sandmriderbmx

Hey Guys, im new to BMX and need a lil help! post #16
i didnt mean for it to come out like tht i just couldnt think of any other way to put it

T

The Worst

Hey Guys, im new to BMX and need a lil help! post #17
hmmm so you called it *** AND retarded....Was 'not for me' as hard to think of?

New Topics