Helppp! please

• Discuss Helppp! please in the Street Riding forum in area BMX-Forum Community; So i was not exactly sure where to post this but here is a short story of wat i need to say.... i think bmx is the most amazing thing ever (next to... ...
S

S3CR3t

Helppp! please post #1
So i was not exactly sure where to post this but here is a short story of wat i need to say....

i think bmx is the most amazing thing ever (next to breakdancing which i already do ).

Idk the first thing about bmx freestyle idk brands bikes whats good and whats not to ride im worse than a newb but i randomly decided i wanted to start a hobby of freestyling bmx :p i know absolutely nothing about it or where to start though there is absolutely no bmx kids in my town their all skateboarders.

So if u could tell me what kinda bike i should start on and beginner tricks thatd be nice.

Im 15 5'5 and in shape incase ya need to know idk ha..

Ace24

Ace24

Helppp! please post #2
How much money you willing to spend?

Beginner tricks (street): Bunny Hop (you can also get those higher), 180, manual, foot jam, fakie, etc. But street is really about being creative with what you have, so just find stuff and start trying stuff on it.

F

flowerpower

Helppp! please post #3
homie yo should roll a fit trl 2 they r sick and quite cheep for what they are i sure everyoe would agree on fit bike co
they are the best bke in the world

S

S3CR3t

Helppp! please post #4
see i dont even know how much one would cost but saving out of my own money prolly 200-250 in spending

manualking

manualking

Helppp! please post #5
then probably the best bet would be stolen pinch.

Ace24

Ace24

Helppp! please post #6
Your not going to get that good of a bike unless you spend around $350 or more.

I would never spend over $400 on a bike that isn't full chromoly. (referring to the above post).

These are some options:

http://www.danscomp.com/101668.php?cat=BIKES

http://www.danscomp.com/101510.php?cat=BIKES while its on sale.

Both very good bikes for the price.

by freestyle riding do you mean flatland, street or park? freestyle typically refers to flatland and if you are going to do that you probably wont want either of those bikes, they are made fro street and park.

S

S3CR3t

Helppp! please post #7
350 oh well thats fine a lil bit longer to save but fine with me

S

S3CR3t

Helppp! please post #8
i was planning on doing just flatland tricks and maybe every once in awhile go to a park.

Levimoody

Levimoody

Helppp! please post #9
homie yo should roll a fit trl 2 they r sick and quite cheep for what they are i sure everyoe would agree on fit bike co
I disagree. I like fit but i also had one. They are a tad bit overpriced.

i was planning on doing just flatland tricks and maybe every once in awhile go to a park.
You should hit up street. Thats where its at. Danscomp.com is going to be the best place to find parts and whatnot. winstanleysbmx.com has a few flatland parts too... goodluck!

S

S3CR3t

Helppp! please post #10
ah ok. i think ill do street i watched some youtube videos looks a bit funner than flatland

Levimoody

Levimoody

Helppp! please post #11
Oh boy it is. Nothing is out of your limits... your going to need a completely different bike for street than you would flatland.

S

S3CR3t

Helppp! please post #12
yeah so like whats the difference in flatland and street bikes....ha id like to be educated

Ace24

Ace24

Helppp! please post #13
Flatland = Short TT (top Tubes), Gyro, 4 pegs (made for standing, not grinding) Light and not the strongest, 2 brakes.

Street = Strong, but maybe a bit heavier, whatever peg setup you want, gyro if you want, sometimes 2 brakes, mainly 1, but sometimes none, etc.

There is not a lot in writing but if you look at a custom flatland bike and a custom street bike, you will notice loads of differences. I agree street is the way to go, though flatland does seem very fun, you can still tinker with a little flatland on a street bike, but you cant really tinker with street on a flatland bike, so I would just go with a street bike and do a little bit of it all.

S

S3CR3t

Helppp! please post #14
yeah i think im gonna go with street ha cant wait til i get good and show up all the skateboarders haha ;]

ollie

ollie

Helppp! please post #15
flatland is awesome towatch, but it takes ALOT of practice, concentration, and dedication to get any good. street is where its at

harorider4

harorider4

Helppp! please post #16
i would have to disagree with that

Satay

Satay

Helppp! please post #17
we the people, fit and kinks are good imo

cranksmasher

cranksmasher

Helppp! please post #18
Glad your getting into bmx man, fit bikes are good, so are kinks, stolen bikes, some easterns and wethepeople.
When you start dont get impatient when you realise how hard it all is, it takes tons of practice; Good Luck MAN!

mack_turtle

mack_turtle

Helppp! please post #19
seriously consider an Integral complete. i am a fan.

New Topics