help with trails

• Discuss help with trails in the Dirt Jumping forum in area BMX-Forum Community; Me and my friend finaly found a spot to build trails and we started digging. We got a pretty small double just to get speed off of and we have another... ...
I

Ibike247

help with trails post #1
Me and my friend finaly found a spot to build trails and we started digging. We got a pretty small double just to get speed off of and we have another large mound of dirt waiting to be formed. We dont know much about building dirt trails so we are just learning as we go. We have lots of buckets a couple shuvels a rake, a machete and a few other things. we dont have a wheel barrow yet but are about to buy one. Any tips would be great. I will hopefully get some pictures of the progress up tomorow.

ConeMan

ConeMan

help with trails post #2
I dont know alot, but I know some basics. First, try to pack it layers. Pack the piles now, and they will get smaller. Put more dirt on and pack again. If you keep doing that, the jumps will be alot sturdier and last longer. And dont ride the jumps right after you finished packing, because you will ruin them. Try to wait a few days or ride them after they got rained on and dried back out.

Fey

Fey

help with trails post #3
Pack them in tight.
Really tight.
Or they'll just come apart.

If it rains, wait for it to dry, then pack it, put on another layer and pack that as well.

I

Ibike247

help with trails post #4
me and my friend were riding home today and were gonna stop and dig for a little and we pull into the entrance and go down the path and we see aguy sitting there next to a bobcat and the entire place was FLATTENED im pretty mad because there isnt any other places that i can build.

H

Hermes

help with trails post #5
get a rollin....

New Topics